Quartz's news app puts the entire global economy in your pocket. It's an ongoing conversation about the news, sort of like texting. We'll send you messages, photos, GIFs, links, and—our newest treat—3D objects that you can view in augmented reality.
You decide when you're interested in learning more about a news item. Each session lasts just a few minutes, so it's perfect for the train, elevator, grocery store line, or wherever you have a spare moment. And here's the secret about our little news bot: It's written by humans! Smart journalists who just want to keep you informed and entertained.
We're proud to have been named an Apple editors' choice and one of the 10 best iPhone apps of 2016. Some other accolades we're not exactly bashful about:
• GQ's 100 best things in the world right now
• Fast Company's 8 must-download apps for your new iPhone
• CNET's favorite apps of 2016
• Business Insider's best iPhone apps of 2016
• OK, we'll stop now :)
The app is really simple to use. Here are some other features:
• Experience the news in AR. When telling you about an interesting object that's in the news, we may invite you view a 3D model of it right there in front of you.
• Notifications that are relevant and fun. You decide which alerts to receive, and we won't buzz your phone unless it's really, really important.
• Sometimes our notifications also come with photos, charts, animated GIFs, or other media attached to them. Pretty crazy.
• Take a 24-hour break from news about the US president with Trump Snooze.
• On the Today screen, view our most interesting chart of the moment.
• Apple Watch owners, gauge the markets with an emoji on your watch face.
• No more news? Relax. We'll give you a quiz or something else to do.
This app is a new way to read the news that's really made for your phone. We hope you like it. Let us know what you think at email@example.com. Thanks!
We've got a helpful new feature ready for you: page indicators.
Quartz is the guide to the new global economy, and page indicators are your guide to your current location in the Quartz app.
Ratings and Reviews
For those of us who spend half our day texting comes a creative new way to stay informed. Every time you open Quartz, you get the news—political, pop-culture and more—in a series of short messages. Tap on links or emoji to jump to the full story, or use a pre-written reply to get the next entertaining summary. Using Quartz feels like a fun conversation with a well-read friend—complete with GIFs, images and snarky comments.
Great (if you live in the US)
Quartz is a great way to read the news, bite sized chunks of punchy story and great tidbits that make you want to read on. Really good approach in my opinion that can sustain even my terrible attention span.
My only major complaint is that as someone who lives in the UK, much, if not all of the news is targeted at an American audience. Most of the stories centre around US politics and national news. I appreciate that regional considerations may come in a future update but as it is available in the UK App Store I feel like this is something that should have been taken into consideration.
Definitely worth a download if only to see what we’re missing in the world of news apps!
Made me interested in news 10/10
This is the best app for finding interesting news. It’s unique way of interacting to the user makes it seem as if you got a friend that knows everything happening in the world and he just decides to spend his/her time telling you about what your interested in. I would DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THIS APP. I would like it though that when you declined reading about something Quartz agrees with you and says something like “yea I didn't think you’ll find that interesting, let’s carry on”. I feel kind of guilty or something I dunno. I’d love if the developers looked at this. :)
- Quartz Media LLC
- 44.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2017 Quartz Media LLC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.