By Patrick Diligent
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Which fabrics for this project ? Isn't it too bright ? Too dull ? I wish I could see it in the block !
Gain confidence in your quilt fabrics shopping with Quilt Wizard ! Take pictures of fabrics right on the spot, and immediately try them in your quilt project on screen. No need to carry snippets of fabrics with you when shopping, you can see straight away on your device how your choice of fabrics will perform on your quilt.
Here is how it works :
(1) Take pictures of your fabrics at home and keep them available into your photo library. From the application, select fabrics from the photo library or take a new picture with the camera.
(2) Choose fabrics and blocks to compose your quilt on the screen. Create a block, fill it with selected fabrics. Create as many blocks as necessary. Rotate, flip, duplicate blocks, to suite your design.
(3) Assemble the quilt with the blocks you have designed.
(4) Take photos of fabrics at the shop or quilt show. Leave a note so you can remember where you have seen this fabrics. Incorporate it into your existing block design, and immediately see the result on screen. Not looking good ? Try another fabrics !
Designing a quilt will only take few minutes !!
- Build your fabrics stash from the Photo Library or built-in camera
- Choose from a list of most popular quilting blocks (100+).
- Sashing and border options.
- Incorporate your already sawn blocks into your project
- Block rotation, flipping and duplication.
- Choose from two quilt layouts : straight, or on point blocks layout.
- Zoom in and out your quilt and block design while editing.
- Configurable quilt size.
- Design multiple quilts at the same time.
See the user guide at http://blog.wattlebird.com.au
What's New in Version 2.5.1
Blocks from QuiltWizardCompanion where not loaded when sent directly to QuiltWizard. It is now fixed.
This is a remarkably good app. The level of customisation is brilliant compared to other similar apps I've tried. The ability to photograph my fabric collection and then be able to see that fabric arranged as a quilt makes planning a project much simpler - though be warned I often find myself losing hours of spare time pottering around on this app creating more quilt designs than I could ever have time to make!
Some of the navigation is a little unintuitive at times, and I wish there were shortcuts for certain things (such as a button to select all fabrics in your list instead of having to check them manually, or a way of maybe double tapping a block to edit it rather than going round the houses) but mostly it's a trouble free experience. I can't remember this app ever crashing or freezing on me, and best of all there's no ads getting in the way!
The only other thing I'd change would be a way to make and add your own block designs, as the (admittedly huge) library available doesn't always have what you're looking for.
To cut a long review short, this is a really helpful and inspiring app that makes visualising your future projects super easy and fun, so give it a shot!
If you quilt you need this!
Brilliant,and unlike some very user friendly,great choice of block patterns and a great price,been looking for a app for quilting that you don't need a degree to work it!!
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: 16 April 2014
- Version: 2.5.1
- Size: 16.9 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: patrick diligent
- © 2011 Patrick Diligent
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.