Qwaz Audio Lite is an intelligent audio recorder and player for iPhone, designed to help for transcription of audio files into text. It has been designed, crafted and tested for two years by a journalist for its own needs.
Qwaz Audio Lite is a valuable tool for journalists, social science researchers, students, writers, personal or private secretaries, press officers... It divides by about two the time spent on voice retranscription into text.
Qwaz Audio Lite is based on a simple idea: setting the playing speed of the recording fit the exact typing speed of the user, in order to prevent numerous stop/rewind actions that waste precious time. Qwaz Audio Lite provides special signal processing to preserve audio pitch for voice or music, while slowering —or increasing— playing speed. It can also be used by musicians while transcripting audio recordings into scores, and by speech therapists when studying their patients voice disabilities.
• Two adjustable playing speeds, for transcription and fast listening
• Audio playing is limited to 3 minutes. Get Premium in-App purchase for unlimited use
• “Automatic rewind on pause” delay setting
• Gain slider to adjust bad level recordings.
• Simulated force feedback button for a better accuracy in playback head setting
• Time marker insertion to better remember context when re-listening of an audio recording.
• Speech-controlled player buttons, when a headset is plugged in
• Background recording
• Automatic saving when a phone call occurs
• Brightness setting while recording, to save batteries
• Realtime battery life calculator for recording
• Audio file emailing.
• iCloud Drive™ ready for backup and import.
• Audio files access using iTunes™.
• Tested with internal mic, Apple earphone mic, and Apogee Mic™.
• Twitter™ messaging
• Available in english and french
• In-App purchase to unlock playing duration limit
• Minor bug corrections
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.