The RØDE Reporter App is the intuitive recording companion you need to easily record and publish broadcast quality audio.
With native sharing, variable bit rate for either long record time or high definition broadcast, and digital flag for on-screen branding, the RØDE Reporter App is ideal for recording audio on the go.
High resolution 48kHz stereo/mono recording (up to 24 bit / 96kHz with RØDE i-XLR or RØDE i-XY microphone) -
Compatible with built-in microphone, smartLav+, NT-USB, i-XY, i-XLR or any other TRRS connected microphone
Simple & intuitive design with real-time waveform display while recording
Record in uncompressed WAV or compressed formats such as MP3 and AAC for long recordings with the option to enable variable bitrate recording (VBR)
Designed for broadcast/reporting with customised flag display/Switchable dark colour scheme for night or conference mode
Native iOS sharing to upload or share recordings
RØDE Reporter version 1.1.0 adds support for the new RØDE VideoMic Me-L and SC6-L accessories. It also adds firmware update capability for the i-XLR.
Ratings and Reviews
Simple and great
Just used this first with inbuilt iPhone microphone to record a quick band rehearsal last night. One touch and it's recording! Worked flawlessly - no unnecessary bells and whistles. So useful to be able to record directly as MP3 too (it sounds so much better than the voice memos app) and so just email everyone a copy straight away. And it can record lossless WAV too. Excellent.
Useful but needs refinement
Nice user interface, and easy to use, even with long recordings; let down by a few issues:
- Crashes if you change recording in the library whilst playing.
- Continues playing a recording after you press delete, and the track has gone, so no way to stop it except quitting.
- Library: move the delete button away from the play button; easy to hit the wrong thing.
- Bulk export of all your recordings isn't easy and doesn't seem to work with iCloud.
- Would be useful to know how much space you have left, in terms of minutes of audio.
So pleased I found this.
I shoot video now and then for work and I wanted to find a cheap way to connect lav mics to my subjects. This app was perfect and I use it all the time.
*** My top tip ***
Don’t press record and then connect the lav mic after because it will stop your recording.
- FREEDMAN ELECTRONICS PTY LTD
- 19.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) and iPod touch (6th generation).
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016-2018 Freedman Electronics Pty Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.