By RØDE Microphones
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
RØDE Microphones presents RØDE Rec, the definitive audio recording app for iPhone and iPod touch.
RØDE Rec combines professional features with an intuitive interface, making it easy to record, edit and publish broadcast-quality audio directly from your iOS device.
Featuring real-time waveforms, a suite of non-linear editing capabilities and powerful EQ and gain controls, RØDE Rec is the only field recorder you'll ever need.
New in 2.8:
• Dedicated iPad interface – view the waveform, editing and a suite of controls on the one screen
• Batch export of files
• MP3 export
• Improved interface
BROADCAST QUALITY AUDIO
• High resolution 24-bit, 48kHz stereo/mono recording (up to 96kHz when paired with the RØDE iXY microphone)
• EQ and dynamics: Compression, high/low-pass filter, and frequency cut/boost
• Live input monitoring
• Complete control of the iXY microphone, including high pass filter and LED behaviour
COMPLETE EDITING TOOLS
• Real-time waveform and one-touch markers
• Landscape mode provides greater visibility when editing
• Non-linear cut/copy/paste/crop
• Waveform looping
• Normalise volume and change gain levels
ONE TOUCH PUBLISHING
• Output in multiple formats including WAV, MP3, AIFF, AAC, Apple Lossless, FLAC and more
• Export direct to computer via iTunes or a web browser
• Direct publish to SoundCloud and Dropbox
• Upload via FTP
What's New in Version 2.9.42
1. Fixes 88/96k recording/replay application hanging issue.
2. Fixes crashes after saving/exporting a file.
Powerful and Useful, but so many bugs!
Very powerful, audio quality is great and you can spend plenty of time fiddling with settings to get the best setup for your needs. Works best on iPhone, which is a shame because I much prefer the app's clearer interface on an iPad. To me, it feels like development of the iPad version had been a little neglected. There are many bugs mostly caused by changes in screen orientation.
No record button? Yeah, I had this problem, but found that you need to launch the app in portrait, open your recording THEN turn it landscape. Launching and load a recording directly in landscape means much of the buttons vanish to someplace off screen, including record.
I'm also having some trouble fine tuning some settings. Seems the app crashes when trying to adjust the compression attack, amount others...
Still, it's worth using despite these issues. Just feels like it's due some bug-fixing updates, a little disappointing considering it's not free and from a reputable brand.
Better than the reviews indicate
I use it with my iPhone and record to use with my DSLR. Just import into movie editor and overlay with video and it works. I would like them to develop so that you can save your preferred settings rather than having to go in and change the settings every time you do a new recording.
Sound quality is good but, as other have said, app is full of holes in iOS 8. Very occasionally the record button is visible in landscape mode, but most of the time it is not. The 'find location' never works - not surprisingly as, when you look in Settings for this app, there is no option to allow it to access Location!
Desperately needs work. Nowhere near the standard of Rode hardware.
- Category: Music
- Updated: 02 January 2015
- Version: 2.9.42
- Size: 8.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Developer: FREEDMAN ELECTRONICS PTY LTD
- © 2012-2014 RØDE Microphones
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.