By RØDE Microphones
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
RØDE Microphones presents RØDE Rec, the definitive audio recording app for iPhone and iPod touch.
RØDE Rec combines professional features with an intuitive interface, making it easy to record, edit and publish broadcast-quality audio directly from your iOS device.
Featuring real-time waveforms, a suite of non-linear editing capabilities and powerful EQ and gain controls, RØDE Rec is the only field recorder you'll ever need.
New in 2.8:
• Dedicated iPad interface – view the waveform, editing and a suite of controls on the one screen
• Batch export of files
• MP3 export
• Improved interface
BROADCAST QUALITY AUDIO
• High resolution 24-bit, 48kHz stereo/mono recording (up to 96kHz when paired with the RØDE iXY microphone)
• EQ and dynamics: Compression, high/low-pass filter, and frequency cut/boost
• Live input monitoring
• Complete control of the iXY microphone, including high pass filter and LED behaviour
COMPLETE EDITING TOOLS
• Real-time waveform and one-touch markers
• Landscape mode provides greater visibility when editing
• Non-linear cut/copy/paste/crop
• Waveform looping
• Normalise volume and change gain levels
ONE TOUCH PUBLISHING
• Output in multiple formats including WAV, MP3, AIFF, AAC, Apple Lossless, FLAC and more
• Export direct to computer via iTunes or a web browser
• Direct publish to SoundCloud and Dropbox
• Upload via FTP
What's New in Version 2.9.43
This update of RØDE Rec fixes a wide range of issues and bugs, including improved performance, stability and compatibility with iOS 9 and the iPhone 6s and 6 Plus.
Mind blowingly, bewilderingly, inconceivable...
Mind blowingly, bewilderingly, inconceivable that Rode's on app doesn't recognise its mic. I cannot believe that they still haven't resolved the problem on the iPad. My iPhone sees the mic but not on iPad. I've been recording on my iPhone for a while but came back to the iPad to do some work on it today and this problem still exists a year or so later and with many others having the same problem. Rode obviously don't look at these reviews.
Their mics are great and my first choice for years but the software is terrible in this way.
Buy their mics and use on alternative recording software.
I bought the iXYZ when it first came out and made half a dozen recordings with it. That was two years ago. Since then, the app simply hasn’t worked. At all. In its latest iteration it will record from the iPhone’s internal microphone. What it won’t do is record from Rode’s own expensive microphone. This appears to be a common problem and happens regardless of the set sample rate. A truly dreadful product and abysmal support from Rode, who appear not to understand the most basic principles of software development and testing. Avoid at all costs.
Ignore my previous 'Don't buy' review...
...the app just magically started working again - I didn't change a thing so must have been an update.
The app is far superior to the iPhone native voice recorder - I use it for recording song ideas, guitar chord sequences etc. So it's all good again!
- Category: Music
- Updated: 15 February 2016
- Version: 2.9.43
- Size: 17.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Developer: FREEDMAN ELECTRONICS PTY LTD
- © 2012-2016 RØDE Microphones
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.