By Oakley Mobile Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The ultimate one-stop RAC app means you can now access our services anytime, anywhere – find all those benefits, including our popular route planner and traffic news, at your fingertips when you need them most.
The wide range of services on offer from RAC are now all easily accessible while you’re on the go, thanks to the new RAC app. So whether you’ve broken down and need to contact us from the side of the road, you’ve had an accident and you’re not sure what to do next, or you need a route to your destination, you can do it all from your tablet or smartphone wherever you are.
Key features include:
- Traffic news. View incidents, delays and roadworks for the whole of the UK. View the incidents on a map or in a list. You can zoom in on the map and zoom out to see traffic on major and minor routes in the UK. This is the most comprehensive and up-to-date data available in the UK and shows current incidents and expected delays.
- Route planner. Simply add in your starting point and destination and view a map of your journey and a separate directions tab. You can plan the journey by the shortest or quickest route. You can also view live traffic updates along the way.
- Broken down? Use the breakdown tab to contact the RAC if your car breaks down.
- Had an accident? If you’re unfortunate enough to be involved in a bump, you can use the accident care tab to call our accident care helpline and get all the help you need.
- RAC Cars. This has its own tab to help you search for a new or used car, meaning that you can put those unexpectedly free 5 minutes to good use.
- Insurance. In just a few easy steps, you can get a quote and make great savings on anything from car and home to travel and pet insurance.
- Member Benefits. Keep up to date with the latest member offers from RAC.
- Membership details. Store all your details, including membership number, safely so you have it with you if you need it.
What's New in Version 4.2
Enhanced and improved features and new RAC shop.
I recommended this to a friend a few days before the "update". I have been using rac traffic app for ages because of the simplicity of the coloured dots system. The shields are appalling - as you look at it they are far less clear on location and tell you absolutely nothing about the incident. I rarely write reviews but feel this change is so dire that I needed to say something. Please return to the old style off displaying traffic problems ASAP.
Bring back the coloured traffic markers!
Not sure why this feature was removed in the latest update - please bring back the coloured traffic markers, very easy to spot traffic problems without having to click on each incident!
Would have been 5* if this feature hadn't been changed, have been an RAC user for years.
Great, but latest update has a bug
I use this app every day, great when it works but latest update has a bug. The traffic news is stuck on the same page, I've tried rebooting, no good and it's the same on all my apple devices. I've get the traffic news for Ducklington lane (Whitney Town Centre). KingsCross and Romford, never been there, and all about 160 miles from where I live and travel.
Think I may have to delete and reinstall. (Will update).
Just tried reinstall and still the same please get it sorted, will try the AA and Green flag apps if available in the meantime!
Seems to be sorted, now using in Mr area again.😄
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 07 August 2014
- Version: 4.2
- Size: 6.4 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Oakley Mobile Ltd.
- © 2014 Oakley Mobile Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.