Race Against Time
By Tate Gallery
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Can you race your courageous CHAMELEON through time to defeat the diabolical DR. GREYSCALE in this FREE platform game from TATE MODERN?
Collect colour CHROMOs, defeat ever-changing enemies and get really, really good at jumping between platforms as you speed through twelve unique, gorgeous and challenging levels.
Emerging from Monet's Water Lilies, you'll notice the platforms, enemies, backgrounds and music evolving to reflect the art of the last 121 years, as you pick up speed hurtling back towards the present. That is, if a fire breathing Picasso or rogue balloon dog doesn't get you first.
- 12 unique, beautifully detailed levels, inspired by 121 years of modern art
- Immersive time-travelling soundtrack changes for every level (don't miss the 80s synth)
- 22 bizarre and brutal enemies to defeat and dodge
- 30 achievements to unlock
- 36 Chromos to collect
- Grab INVISIBILITY and PAINT BOMB power-ups to destroy and outsmart foes
- Visit Tate Modern to activate TURBO MODE: supercharging your jump and unlocking the deadly TONGUE ATTACK
- Explore Tate's timeline of modern art in full
- Pin sharp retina-display graphics
Stop Dr. Greyscale. Save the world. It's a RACE AGAINST TIME.
Putting to side the great little education in art that you get, this is a great platform game.
The attention to detail of the glorious backgrounds, the brilliant music which is new to each level... We love the game play and now our 3 year old after a year of making us play it for him has grasped it and is flying through the levels!
Gorgeous game with hidden treasures
Really lovely little game loaded with Easter eggs for those interested in modern art. Particularly liked the art timeline in the 'About' section. And if you aren't that bothered by the history of art, the gameplay and graphics are pretty sweet too : )
Great fun even for when the modern art gets rather too modern. Well done Tate for trying this new way to get people into art.
- Category: Games
- Released: 14 December 2011
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 113 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Tate Gallery
- © 2011 Developed by Somethin' Else for Tate Modern
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.