Radio Times magazine – the UK’s favourite guide to TV, film and radio listings is now on newsstand!
Get the same great content you know and love, from the UK’s biggest selling quality magazine, in enhanced PDF form – tailored for iPad.
Don’t miss the biggest interviews, expert reviews and recommendations and glorious photo-shoots of the biggest stars in Radio Times. Plus, the best of this week’s Soaps, discover the best on-demand and catch-up TV available for you to watch right now, and the Radio Times expert film team point you in the direction of the top films on TV this week, and out now at the cinema. Every week you’ll find the best TV to watch with the best 7 day listings, for TV, radio listings and films on TV, catch up (e.g. on iPlayer) and on demand (e.g. on Netflix).
- To mark any feature or programme for future access, just hold down your finger on the screen and follow the prompts to make a note, tagged with a red dot.
- Access your tagged content in an instant using the pin icon at the top of the screen. To remove a tag, hold your finger down on the red dot marker and follow the prompts.
-> News and Views from broadcasting’s biggest names, best writers and brightest stars.
-> Find unmissable entertainment with our roundup of the Best of the Week
-> Stunning photo-shoots, red carpet reportage and exclusive behind-the-scenes pictures.
-> Guides to the best TV, film and radio each day.
-> Film reviews from the Radio Times’ Film team, including Barry Norman and Andrew Collins.
-> The best of iPlayer, Netflix and other catch-up and on-demand services.
-> Comprehensive listings so you’ll never miss a show, and with handy links so you can jump to your desired day of the week.
Subscriptions & Single Issues:
Users can buy single issues and subscriptions using In App Purchase
Subscriptions are available on monthly or annual terms.
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period
• You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for that product
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. This does not affect your statutory rights
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription
• The app may offer a free trial. At the end of the free trial period, the full price of the subscription will be charged thereafter. Cancellations must occur 24 hours before the end of the subscription period to avoid being charged. Visit http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098 for more information.
The subscription will include the current issue if you do not already own it and subsequently published future issues. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
If you would like to get in touch with the team for more information or support please email firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can visit our App support page https://immediate1.typeform.com/to/kc5nri
* please note: this digital edition does not include the covermount gifts or supplements you would find with printed copies*
Bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Originally I had direct subscription with Immediate Media and that worked fairly well until renewal time cam around, when Immediate had got themselves in a complete mess. Finally, this was sorted out until renewal time came round again. This time, the problem was never resolved satisfactorily so I switched to the Apple Store subscription, paying by PayPal, after which I've had no further problems.
The App itself seems to be reasonably stable now, but you probably need a reasonably good Internet connection and decent wifi to avoid problems. I regularly print out the puzzle page for my wife and that works fine.
Going back to the print edition
When it works, this is fine. However, I now have to delete and reinstall the app every time I want to download the latest issue. The Christmas edition arrived FOUR DAYS after the physical version was available in the shops. One of my favourite things in the magazine is the crossword. Unfortunately this is almost impossible to do - the squares for the Wordfinder are missing meaning the number of boxes are incomplete. This also shunts along the numbers, so a missing Wordfinder square would mean, for example, 11 down would erroneously be displayed as 12 down. The festive 2017 edition will be my last. I’m going back to the printed copy.
It’s a disgrace how long this app has been broken with seemingly no attempt to fix it.
I have however found a slightly easier way to open an issue that won’t load.
Rather than deleting and reinstalling the App as I had been doing for ages, I found another way.
Hold your thumb down on the image of the issue you want to open on the menu screen.
After a couple of seconds the word Read underneath should be replaced by Archive. Click on this and the magazine will be marked as New and should open - it works for me.
Sometimes I touch the issue for a few seconds and it doesn’t show the option to Archive. Simply lift thumb from screen for a second and try again.
Of course if you’re halfway through the crossword your progress will presumably be lost.
- Immediate Media Company Limited
- 36.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Immediate Media Co
- In-App Purchases
- 1-Month Subscription £6.99
- 12-Month Subscription £79.99
- Radio Times week 35 £1.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.