With the new Radio X App powered by Global Player we've made it easier than ever to Get Into The Music.
- Listen to Radio X in HD quality, live and on the move.
- Check the playlist for music info and show schedules to see what's coming up next.
- Take control - My Radio X, a world-first that allows you to skip songs on live radio - it's radio you control.*
- Catch up / listen again to all your favourite shows whenever you like.
- Download and listen to shows offline, perfect for listening while you're travelling.
- Subscribe to your favourite shows to automatically download them each day.
- Get the latest artist news and features.
With the Radio X app you can also enjoy all of Global's other stations: Capital, Capital XTRA, Heart, LBC, Gold, Classic FM and Smooth.
So, whatever you're into - the latest hits, classic tracks, music for chilling out or even topical debate - Global's got you covered. And best of all, it's completely free and available worldwide. With the Global Player, you can:
- Hear the best shows from the biggest names in radio: Chris Moyles, Johnny Vaughan, Roman Kemp, Nick Ferrari, Myleene Klass, James O'Brien, Nigel Farage and many more.
- Listen to all of Global's stations in HD audio.
- Get the latest news, videos and pictures from each of Global's stations with the best guests and most entertaining, informative content.
- If you want to relax or exercise, choose 'Music For…' and we'll serve you the best music for your mood. You can also skip tracks in this section*, so now you're in control of what you hear.
- See what other people are loving with our top trending shows."
Listen to your favourite Global radio stations using CarPlay – the smarter, safer way to use your iPhone in the car.
Ratings and Reviews
I want to use while driving but the ads force me to turn app off
Can you please make the ads more manageable for drivers pls.
I want to put phone in it’s dock hit radio x and drive away, as it is now when I hit the app I get an advert which can’t be closed for a few seconds and even if you let the advert play through (because you want to start the drive) the radio STILL doesn’t start without another screen press (can’t do that as I’m driving) this means that I end up listening to a local fm station on car radio instead.
Global, you already receive revenue from adverts in between songs, don’t be greedy and ruin the app with extra adverts too.
You want more listeners?, many like me would listen more if you didn’t create the app with extra adverts.
At bare minimum, if you really must earn extra money from app adverts then be sure that the radio kicks in automatically after the advert finishes.
This app should have been focused on getting more listeners and NOT extra revenue.
Good but not great
There’s usually a problem when you pause a pre-recorded show and then try to go back into the app and play it again, it will say error and you have to close it and start again.
For some reason it seems to stockpile recorded shows in the background, I had 7 shows downloaded which are circa 70mb each but the data the app takes up was at over 4GB! Have to delete the app and it’s data to start over.
The opening advert does get in the way of operating the app.
Ok App, Too many adds
I use the app in place of a digital radio whilst driving. It’s great to get the station everywhere I go, but the big problem is the ads. It never used to be an issue, but it’s now a real problem. I like to leave the screen on whilst driving so I can see the current and upcoming songs. This is no longer possible as as long as the app is open, it constantly redirects to the App Store. As I use it whilst driving, it’s less than ideal.
Good app overall, but close to getting deleted in place of my own library.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.