The Rail Planner App makes your Eurail or Interrail journey smooth and stress-free, whether you’re planning your next trip from your sofa or searching for your next train at the station.
It even works offline, so you don’t have to turn on your data or go hunting for wifi to get to your next destination.
Here’s what you can do:
• Find train times offline with our new-look journey planner – Search all of Europe, or only show trains included in your Global Pass so you know you’re covered.
• Plan your route and track it on the map in My Trip – View a day-by-day itinerary for easy trip planning or switch to map view to see all your journeys and connections.
• Book seat reservations straight from the app – Go online to buy reservations for popular trains in Italy and France, as well as selected international trains, and receive them by email.
• Save money with extra benefits and discounts – Search by country and get extra discounts on ferries, buses, accommodation and more across Europe with your Pass.
• Find answers to all your questions – Read FAQs for the app, your Eurail or Interrail Pass, and train services in every country for a smooth trip, wherever you’re heading.
High season is coming!
We are listening to your feedback and continuously improving. This update includes:
• Intermediate stop times to track if your train is still running on time.
These times are available in the detailed view of new searches in the Planner.
If you have saved journeys in MyTrip and want to see the intermediate stop times there you need to delete them and save them again.
• New timetable, including many more trains for the summer, especially for Italy and Spain!
• If you want to give feedback you can use the new app rating pop-up or write us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
Completely ruined by the last update.
You can no longer see intermediate station times, and you can no longer see the entire journey of the train service you are travelling on. The former is essential for monitoring delays and connections, and the latter essential for planning efficient itineraries. This app was brilliant, but is now useless. Is there any way of getting the old one back, even for a few weeks to get through my current trip? The DB website does what is required, but with high data usage and low speed. Congratulations on making this app much more complicated to use and much less useful.
Developer Response ,
Dear New Frank, We like to support a stress-free trip and ways to plan the best trip with our app. We will take your feedback on the missing items seriously. In the meantime you might find it usefull to increase the transfer time in the planner (expand the options menu) so there is less risk of missing your connection. Enjoy the rest of your trip! If any ideas or feefback arise please feel free to send it to email@example.com.
I must be missing something obvious but since the recent update there’s no option to view station departures or arrivals anymore and when you enter in your journey plan, you get your train options but if you go in to one journey the stops on route no longer have times against them so if you’re in a country you don’t know, that was a handy way of telling if you’re on time or not. Please correct me if I’m wrong but having had a play around with the new app I can’t find them.
Developer Response ,
Dear Tony, thanks for leaving a review. The arrival/departure timetables per station weren't used by the majority of our travellers. I am curious what you use it for, please send me a not at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will keep an eye on the the need for arrival/departure times per stop.
The new features are pretty good but the one thing you’ve removed which I’m pretty upset about & that’s the Timetable (ok I can use the DB App but that uses data abroad) because it was useful to me for day trips when using the continuous pass on where I could go at the last minute.... Fingers crossed it returns in future updates
Developer Response ,
Hi redthunder, thank you for your positive review. Could you tell me why you would prefer to look up all departing trains from the app instead of the signing at the station to decide on your last minute destination at email@example.com? We are proud of the flexibility of our Passes and like to help you with the app to enjoy it to the fullest.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.