'Read by QxMD' provides a single place to keep up with new medical & scientific research, read outstanding topic reviews and search PubMed.
This iPhone & iPad app provides a simple interface that drives discovery and seamless access to the medical literature by reformatting it into a personalized digital journal.
Praise for Read:
5 stars: "Stellar. The future of medical literature review... This could be the best application to stay up-to-date in medicine since, well, UpToDate." - User Review
4¾ stars: "The Flipboard for medical journals has arrived" and among "...the most innovative medical apps"
On Apple's 'What's Hot' list in >60 countries, as well as Medical Essentials & Apps for Healthcare Professionals. Featured in Apple iBook: "iOS in Healthcare: Revolutionizing Healthcare Productivity"
- Get full text PDFs with one tap
- Keep up with the latest new research that will impact your practice
- Browse through 1000s of outstanding topic reviews
- Search millions of articles from PubMed and our database of outstanding topic reviews
- Read your favorite journals or browse article collections.
- Access full text through your university/institutional subscription or via open access publishers
- Share articles with colleagues over email, Twitter and Facebook
- Organize and review your personal collection of articles
Why did we build 'Read by QxMD'?
Health care professionals need to stay up to date on the latest medical research and topic reviews to provide optimal care. Unfortunately, the process of content discovery is broken with research artificially compartmentalized by publishers and hidden behind countless institutional pay walls.
At QxMD, we believe that knowledge translation– the process by which new knowledge is incorporated into clinical practice – is an important and unsolved challenge for our health care system. We hope that ‘Read by QxMD’ will be a part of the solution.
Seamless 1-tap access available at thousands of institutions.
From MEDLINE®/PubMed®, a database of the U.S. National Library of Medicine.
Title and MeSH Headings from MEDLINE®/PubMed®, a database of the U.S. National Library of Medicine.
Founded by medical professionals, QxMD is dedicated to creating high quality point-of-care tools for practicing health care professionals.
- bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Read provides regular updates to papers that can help guide practice or, at very least, stimulate discussion
Incredibly useful, don't hesitate
I came across this app as a way of doing Pubmed searches on an iPad app. It far and away exceeded all my expectations, now on my Iphone as well. Put in favour journals and can browse papers, downloading full PDF where available. Star any papers of interest to hold abstract and PDF longterm.
Also put in main speciality (in my case nephrology) and another section scans renal journals and papers elsewhere which are relevant. Plus can do one off Pubmed search.
The real deal breaker for me though has been putting in keywords and app continually searches database for these. When on University network I can download full PDFs then read later at my leisure.
Best app I've downloaded for a long time. Keep up the great work.
- QxMD Software Inc.
- 65.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2019 QxMD Software Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.