Read&Write for iPad
By Texthelp Ltd.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Use your iPad with confidence: friendly help with typing and reading online for students with dyslexia and English Language Learners.
Read&Write for iPad is an easy to use alternative keyboard and Safari toolbar to help with everyday tasks like emailing, working on documents, browsing the web and using online forms. It’s great for students, English Language Learners and people of all ages with dyslexia – or anyone who needs a little help typing with their iPad. And now it’s even more useful for French-speaking students with the addition of French speech, word prediction, translation and dictionary tools - just select ‘French’ in your iPad language Settings.
Word prediction makes typing on your iPad fast and friendly, with ‘Speak As I Type’. There’s extra assistance from the spell checker, dictionary, picture dictionary and other study tools to help with essays, assignments or general reading and writing. If you’re using your Safari browser, just touch on-screen text to hear it read out loud with on-screen highlighting.
This iPad version of the world’s best-selling literacy software is great for self-study at home. It’s also ideal for school classrooms implementing BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) initiatives.
• Hear on-screen text read aloud with easy to follow highlighting
• Word Prediction
• Speak As I Type
• Talking Dictionary and Picture Dictionary for use with any writing app
• Spell checker
• Read&Write web toolbar for Safari
• English/French support (accessed via iPad Language settings)
* This trial version of Read&Write for iPad supports all features described for 30 days. After this trial period Text-to-Speech remains free forever, while premium features are available via an in-App purchase.
For more information on Read&Write licensing and pricing information for schools and colleges visit www.texthelp.com and view the following :
Read&Write for iPad Support Application Licence Agreement
What's New in Version 1.2.2
Minor bug fixes and improvements.