By Cyan Worlds
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
realMYST for iPad - This is not your father’s Myst. Experience Myst in a way that’s closer to real than you’ve ever imagined - in realtime 3D and up close and personal on your iPad 2 or newer. You've got to experience it to believe it!
Here are a few comments from realMyst purchasers...
"Best game on iPad" ★★★★★
"Get this game!!!!!!!!!!" ★★★★★
"Phenomenal Graphics" ★★★★★
"Great Game!" ★★★★★
"GREAT APP!!" ★★★★★
"Best ipad game ever!" ★★★★★
"Amazing game!" ★★★★★
"Better than the original" ★★★★★
"iPad was made for realMyst" ★★★★★
realMyst is all-things Myst, but amazingly more real. You can explore anywhere, unfettered, and in realtime! Pick your own path through the forest on Myst Island. Look lazily upward into the Channelwood Age trees. Relax next to the rippling fountain as the sun sets in the Selenitic Age. Spin around for a full panoramic tour of Sirrus’ throne room. Seek shelter from the thunderstorm in Stoneship Age.
And what could possibly make that experience even more real? Now you can have all of that on your iPad* with nothing between you and Myst but the touch of your finger - the sheerest of interfaces between you and the surrealistic island adventure that will become your world.
• realMyst is for the iPad 2 and the new iPad
• All the original Myst Ages plus bonus Rime Age
• Full Myst gameplay and interaction
• Dynamic environments - rippling water, falling rain, waving trees
• Haunting Myst music score and dynamic 3D sounds
• Simple navigation - touch and hold to move, swipe to turn
• Advanced navigation - run, move backward, invert look, & more
• “Interaction Guides” demonstrate how to interact with objects
• Full Retina Display support on the new iPad
• "Bookmark" feature to save & restore progress
• Auto-save to insure you pick up where you left off
• realMyst Hint Guide - get past that one puzzle that's got you stumped
** iOS REQUIREMENTS: iOS 5 or better is highly recommended. If you play realMyst on iOS 4 you may experience some sound and movie issues.
** realMyst for iPad has massive amounts of detailed 3D environments. Loading (while linking to the various Ages) can take longer on slower devices.
What's New in Version 1.0.15
We've cleaned up lots of stuff in realMyst. Here's what we did to make it better than ever...
- Updated Sirrus and Achenar book behavior
- Fixed generator room door button issue
- Worked on the Mechanical Age elevator
- Cleaned up the Channelwood Age elevators
- Fixed fall-through condition in Mechanical Fortress stairs
- Fixed Selenitic Maze auto-save corruption if quitting in Maze
- Cleaned up endgame state when returning to D'ni after finishing
- Fixed the generator room when saving while changing
- Fixed the crystal solution as provided in Rime journal
- Cleaned up interaction with a ladder while engaged in a puzzle
- and bunches of other smaller bug fixes and clean up
Considering it's an old game the artwork still looks good and the worlds are well put together. It's an original and interesting story, although I was confused as to who my character actually was. Overall, there is a huge amount of repetitive action and walking back to the same place again to do a slightly different thing. Also very annoying puzzles in places, where you reset the system if you get something wrong and then have to go and put it on again. Not intuitive at all, plenty of guesswork and writing things down rather than a genuine and coherent test of mental ability. I felt this was more about showing off than setting a scene where the player can learn and evolve, be playful and creative. Intellectual rather than intelligent. It was probably great in its day, but a bit tired now.
Revisiting an old friend.
Myst first appeared in the days of Windows 3 and was eventually updated up to Windows XP but not onto Vista or 7. I always enjoyed this series of exploration puzzle games, though sometimes you almost have to have the mind of a genius to solve some of the conundrums. (Which I don't possess!) I stumbled quite by chance that this first game is available for the iPad. I've only just downloaded it and obviously it will take a little getting used to navigating by touch, rather than by mouse, but I am very pleased indeed to be able to play an old favourite once again.
Not bad - worth playing
My dad used to play this back when it was released so maybe it's the memory of that but I found the game pretty easy (I completed it in less than a day). Once you understand the key puzzle mechanics its fairly easy to solve anything the game throws at you but bear in mind this game is old school; you will need a pen and paper for taking notes.
The game looks nice, it's an interesting story and universe and very atmospheric however the levels are rather small (a symptom of the original game's age) and compared to other puzzle games its not too difficult. Not worthy of 4 stars considering what else is out the but a great game none the less.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 21 February 2013
- Version: 1.0.15
- Size: 629 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Cyan Worlds, Inc
- Copyright © 2012 by Cyan Worlds. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular.