Recce is a fast, beautiful, and fun way to explore London and everything that is going on in your immediate environment. From great coffee shops and hip bars, to planning the fastest way to get around town, Recce’s unique approach makes every day activities fun and engaging.
• A super-fast, fully interactive and immersive 3D way to discover the most popular and vibrant parts of London.
• Built-in GPS and Compass functionality to quickly locate yourself, and discover the most interesting things in your immediate surroundings.
• Available both on-line and off-line with rich and relevant information.
• Take a quick tour and explore London’s finest landmarks, from the classics such as Tower Bridge, Buckingham Palace & Big Ben to the modern additions such as The Shard, Gherkin, and Olympic Park.
Recce has been replaced by WRLD, install the new WRLD app to get:
• Improved Map coverage, now including Scandinavia, Ireland, Italy & Bangkok
• Build and publish your own 3D maps and content with Map Designer at wrld3d.com
• New, intuitive and simpler User Interface
• Crisper, more legible map labels and information
• Many more map styles supported in Map Designer
• Improved search and extensible, flexible tagging
• Many more Indoor Maps globally
• Improved compass and positioning controls
• Support for Senion and IndoorAtlas Indoor Positioning
• Optimised application startup
• Create your own app! WRLD is Open Source at https://github.com/wrld3d/wrld-example-app/
• Recce is now called WRLD
• Framerate increase to 60fps on high end iOS devices
Ratings and Reviews
Fun to use before your visit
I used this before and during a visit to London. The map is fun to use and keeps your attention whilst you look down on the capital and see the traffic moving about below.
However when I was actually there it was less useful. I found myself resorting to a free download satnav app to find my way around. So unfortunately I would rate the app as a bit of fun but not a serious tool for sightseeing London.
Originally this version wouldn't overwrite the previous so an update was impossible, also it won't let me delete it so i could try a fresh install. (os9, iPad 2). Managed to delete it and install the new version, works brilliantly.
Great app in older iOS - even used it as a sat nav for autistic child. With iOS update first it failed to work at all, and with latest update it starts to load then closes itself down after a few seconds. Have tried deleting and reinstalling but no luck. Very disappointed that still can't demo it when training special needs staff.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.