Pepperplate is the only app for serious cooks - it has all the tools you need to cook weeknight dinners or host a dinner party for 12. Manage your recipes, create menus, shop with ease and cook like a pro.
* Seamlessly manage your recipes, menus and shopping lists on the web, iPad and iPhone.
* Take your iPhone or iPad into the kitchen and cook your whole menu with multiple cooking timers.
* Create recipes on the iPad and iPhone or make changes to existing recipes.
* Share your favorite recipes with friends and family via Email, Facebook and Twitter.
* Import recipes from your favorite sites and add your own from cookbooks, magazines or old family recipes.
* Combine recipes into menus for dinner parties or holiday meal planning.
* Organize your meals for the week or month by adding menus and recipes to the schedule.
* Add to your shopping list and it automatically syncs to your iPad, iPhone, iPod and Pepperplate.com.
* Organize your shopping to automatically match the way you shop in the grocery store.
* Create your own unlimited categories to organize your recipe collection.
* Your collection synchronizes from the website to the iPad and iPhone and is backed up without connecting to a computer.
* Take your entire collection with you to the grocery store or while traveling, no internet connection required.
* Manage your cooking timers over wifi away from the kitchen on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch.
* Login with Facebook or your free Pepperplate account
Import recipes directly from the browser on your iPhone or iPad
Facebook login improvements
Support for iOS 9
Ratings and Reviews
Love it but it could be improved
I use this app to enter my favourite recipes from books, family, websites etc. I love that I can have it on my phone to go shopping or when I’m away like on holidays or at family and I want to cook something and I can find it on my phone instead of having to bring books with me. Actually even when I’m at home I use the app typing the recipe I’m looking for Instead of having to go through the books. Great for planning the week menu and just add to the shopping list and ready to go shopping with the list on my phone that I can tick as I go. True, most Uk websites do not work with this app to import but it only takes a few seconds to copy and paste. IMPROVEMENTS: What could be better is to be able to connect to other apps such as MyFitnessPal so I don’t need to convert my calories/nutrients or enter the recipes again on it. It would be nice to have space for morning, afternoon and post/pre-Workout snacks or to be adaptable if you have more meals during the day. Also, the desktop version do not allow to add pictures. The search for recipes could also be improved as sometimes it doesn’t work. The tags to find recipes could be improved by not accepting double entries or misspelling. I would definitely rate a 5 star if I could sync to MyFitnessPal, add more meals to the planner and add pictures...pretty please.
I can't think of a single thing wrong with this app. It does exactly what I need it to do (and probably more), is incredibly easy to use, and I love having my recipes so easily accessible.
But the reason I'm writing this review is because I recently had the opportunity to contact the developers after a minor issue with my password. They replied immediately, and it was easily the best experience I've had with customer service with any app I've used. Special thanks to Anya, who replied to my message, and made what could have been a frustrating experience a real breeze.
The desktop version of this has a lovely planner broken up into breakfast lunch and dinner in a vertical calendar format. However the mobile version does not. I like to be able to see today's and tomorrow's menu at a glance as often I've factored in leftovers for the next days meal. No good realising that you needed to roast extra veg for soup the day after roasting it. All you need to do is make the two the same.
Also would prefer to set there default page to be the planner page. The desktop page is dreadful, first you have to 'show app commands' then select planner. Please just gives us a sidebar menu!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.