Record, Import, Cut, Arrange, Share — With the ability to adjust the sensitivity of the mic, cut snippets using a very precise zoomable waveform, combine snippets from multiple recordings, make your own Soundboard, import files via WiFi / iTunes, and output files via Email / WiFi / Facebook / Twitter / iTunes / Other Apps like DropBox, etc, this app becomes really useful real fast.
Record voice notes, interviews, lectures, ambient sounds, podcasts, etc; Cut out parts most important to you and share it with ease.
Have a little fun with audio by recording someone saying something and rearranging it into something completely different - preferably embarrassing :)
Import audio files via Email, WiFi or iTunes and edit them on the go. Export those edits when you're done and use them as you will, saving yourself valuable time.
There's a ton of different things you can do with this full featured app, and at this price you really can't go wrong.
Go to www.tapparatus.com for a fun video demo or to email us with any questions or issues. Please remember that there is no way for us to respond/help via comments, so email us if you have any questions or concerns.
PS. For those who think we have a silly name for an app that is extremely useful, I kind of agree, but c'mon, why does everything have to be so serious?! :)
- Record in the background.
- Real time audio wave lets you visualize what you're recording.
- Adjustable mic sensitivity lets you record from further away, or avoid clipping of loud audio, resulting in the best possible recording.
- Script view lets you have notes in front of you while recording.
- Auto save makes sure you never loose a recording if you close out by mistake.
Tip: Flip the device 180deg to have the mic on top
- You can import any audio file from other apps like Mail, DropBox, etc, using their 'open with...' menu.
- You can import any audio file via WiFi over the same local network.
- You can import any audio file via iTunes File Sharing. Simply copy the file to the app and it will recognize it next time you open the app.
Tip: You can even import some video formats like mp4 and it will extract the audio for you.
- Zoom in/out of the waveform for precise selections using pinch gestures
- Play the selected snippet or the entire recording.
Tip: Double tap Play/Pause to start from beginning.
Tip: Press and hold the wave if you don't want it to scroll while playing.
- Use snippets from multiple recordings.
- Add pauses, rearrange, duplicate, or delete any snippet.
- Fine tune snippet selection without leaving the screen.
Tip: Double tap Play/Pause to start from beginning
Tip: Rotate the device 90deg to get a Soundboard view — play your snippets by tapping around.
- Share your snippets, arrangement, or just the recording.
- Email as an attachment as a WAV or M4A.
- Use WiFi to download from your computer's browser.
- Post on your Facebook wall.
- Tweet it to the world.
- Use USB using iTunes File Sharing.
- Open With any other app that supports it. (ex: DropBox, G Drive, FTP apps, Music Apps, etc)
Tip: You can copy/paste twitter’s share link to send it some other way.
- iPhone or iPod Touch with 4.3 firmware or later.
Note: Due to iPhone limitations, you will not be able to record during a phone call.
- Don't ask to save recordings, do it automatically. This should help accidental discarding.
- A more accurate waveform representation.
- Properly notify if microphone is not available due to iOS7 settings.
- Fix bug with not being able to email m4a files on some devices.
- Fix being able to adjust a snippet within an arrangement.
- Few other minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
My oh my, what a name
This is a really useful audio editing tool which is also highly affordable at 59p.
But are you people insane? I've come across this app loads of times in the past months but never bothered to even check out the description because of the STUPID NAME! Come on, I can assure you that the sales of this app would easily spike up if you changed the name and description to something more professional and maketable. At the moment it's giving people the impression of "oh look, another iFart/iPoo/iCrap app...".
But on another note, wonderful job on the app guys. Works great! 5/5
Gain control doesn't filter, just changes volume
Great app, but the input volume control only changes the recorded volume of the standard input. Thus, if you are recording a loud session (such as a band), lowering the input volume only changes the recorded level - if the audio is overblown, it will stay overblown, but recorded quieter. Not what I was looking for - I wanted a genuine microphone level control without the need for an external mixer and this doesn't have it. Exported the .wav to sound studio after recording at 4% input and I ended up with a quiet, massively overblown waveform. Great for 69p though. Otherwise the app does exactly what it says.
Excellent Audio App
Trust the reviewers who have given this the thumbs up; it does a good job at what it does, period. Yes, cross-fading and audio file import would be a huge bonus but, for 59p, this is a very small price to pay for such an outstandingly simple to use and well-crafted application for the iPhone. Well done guys - and if you can overcome the development hurdles to update it to the above mentioned capabilities, then the app will deserve the epithet 'most highly recommended.' I should know; I'm a pro location sound recordist.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.