RefME - Referencing Made Easy
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
RefME is the world’s leading and most accurate multi-platform tool for automating citations, reference lists and bibliographies in over 7,500 citation styles, including Harvard, MLA and APA. The RefME iOS app allows users to generate citations by scanning book or journal barcodes and sync them with RefME.com.
• Scan book or journal barcodes using your phone’s camera to generate citations in seconds
• No barcode? Search by Book/Article Title, ISBN, ISSN, DOI or URL.
• Citing a website? Simply paste in the URL or use iOS Safari Extension, which syncs with the app and is perfect for citing websites and other sources.
• 7,500+ supported citation styles including Harvard, APA, MLA, Chicago and AMA as well as most institute-specific styles
RefME is free to download and use. RefME Plus upgrades your experience and gives you access to:
• Folders: rearrange projects or drag-and-drop them into folders to keep references organised
• Photo Quotes: take a photo of any text and our mobile app will convert the image into editable text for you to save as a quote
• RefME for Word: cite as you write and manage your bibliography from within Word 2016 for Windows and Word for iPad
• With more features coming soon :)
Subscriptions to RefME Plus are available for £24.99 per year through an in-app purchase.
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
Learn more about RefME at www.refme.com
Happy referencing :)
What's New in Version 6.1.9
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
I have been using the free version of this app in conjunction with the web based version for the past 2 years. It saves so much time because, rather than individually writing my academic references, I get the option to scan webpages, books and PDF's which 99% of the time brings up the correct format of referencing.
The only downfall is that I have to go through and check the references produced as sometimes an error occurs e.g. when et al. is used in the original material. In this case, a prompt to check all the authors are listed before generating the reference would be a useful future feature.
Overall I think this app and corresponding web version makes an excellent addition to every student's resources. I have recommended it to all my university friends and also enlightened some lecturers about the value this app adds to university life!
Pro version has bugs
I love this app so much, and like everyone else says, it saves so much time. I opted, therefore, to purchase the rather expensive pro version only to find that there are technical issues (for iOS) when trying to add page numbers. The box simply doesn't work most of the time. Please fix this as, in general, this is a great app (particularly the free version, which I would give five stars).
Simplicity is key!
This app has taken so much time out of the essay writing process at university. I especially love the barcode scanner, which saves even more time, like when you're in the library with a handful of books!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: 24 October 2016
- Version: 6.1.9
- Size: 42.8 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: RefME
- © RefME Ltd 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- RefME Plus£24.99
- RefME Plus£11.99