Remote Desktop - RDP Lite
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Using your iPhone or iPad, you can connect to your Windows Workstation Computer and see the files, programs, and resources exactly as you would if you were sitting at your desk, just on a smaller screen.
Mocha Remote Desktop (RDP) provides access to a PC running Windows XP Professional or Windows 7/8/10.
HOME edition or Windows 200x Servers cannot be supported. If you use a Windows 200x server, select menu - configure - use old protocol v4.
Compared to the Lite version the full version has:
- 2 Keyboard banners with extra keys.
- Mouse functions: right button, drag and hover.
- Mouse wheel.
- Standard RDP protocol.
- 8/16 bit color mode for faster screen updates.
- Zoom and scroll as the Safari Browser.
- WOL (Wake on LAN).
- Stylus pen.
- NETBIOS name support for easy configuration.
- Landscape mode.
- Have patent license for the RDP protocol from Microsoft.
- Windows HOME edition cannot be used, as it does not include the RDP protocol.
- We cannot offer Windows 200x Server access, as it will require another patent license from Microsoft.
- Supports 7 keyboard types: US, Danish, German QWERTZ, French AZERTY, UK, Spanish,Canadian, Swedish, Norwegian, Italian,Dutch and UNICODE.
What's New in Version 4.0
- bug fixing
A great little app to sign into your PC remotely to keep an eye on running software, to make some changes, or to shut it down. Doesn't matter if you're sitting on the sofa using Wi-Fi, or on the other side of the world using mobile data.
One issue I'm having now is that I've upgraded my PCs screen to a 4K display. As such I need to use a high (175%) DPI setting to make it usable on the host PC.
However when I rdp into it from this app the icons are so massive that it makes it unusable. It also means that the next time I sign into my PC the desktop icon positions are all messed up.
I'd LOVE to see an update that could compensate for high dpi displays, so that I can once again rdp in from my iPad.
On other Windows boxes I use the Remote Desktop connection manager which can override / ignore the dpi and make it viewable on a 1080p display via rdp.
If this app could do that I'd buy the pay for version immediately!
- Category: Business
- Updated: 17 September 2015
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 1.1 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Jan Frydendal
- © MochaSoft Aps.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.