Remote S for Tesla
By Rego Apps
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Add some more functionality to your Tesla Motors Model S & Model X vehicle with the new Remote S app.
Features currently exclusive to the Remote S app:
- Fully functional Apple Watch app
- 3D Touch menu for quick commands from the Home Screen
- Start car with Touch ID without needing a password (can be disabled)
- Opens, connects, and issues commands faster than the Tesla app
- Avoid fees from Tesla: Alarm sounds when the car has completed charging at the Supercharger
- Set an alarm when charging reaches a certain kW or % level
- Camp Mode allows you to keep the HVAC on in the car even though there is no activity. Normally, the car will turn off HVAC after 30 minutes.
- Trigger HomeLink even if the car is plugged in, not in PARK, or you are not near the car
- Display battery usage (vampire drain) & instant charging rate (not the average)
- Check your firmware version remotely
- View how many miles are being used per hour
- Summon your car when not near it and without continuous press needed (autopilot required)
- remotes:// URL schema with custom commands - See 3.3.0 release notes.
- Max cool and Max heat buttons to quickly send multiple commands to your car to optimize cooling and heating
- No-Commands Mode lets you log in the app for your family/friends to monitor your Tesla's location live without allowing them to issue commands to your car.
- Breadcrumb tracking allows you to see the path that the car has recently taken.
- Trip statistics shows your current MPGe, kWh used, miles traveled, kWh per 100 miles, cost savings vs. an internal combustion engine car, cost savings over the lifetime of your car, and many more fun stats.
- Save trip routes to different save slots and compare the distance, kWh used, cost, and more for each route.
- Accurate odometer/range readout with decimal places.
- This opens up all sorts of functionality, such as scheduling, queued commands, and repeated commands
- Consolidated stats and commands into one screen for quicker and easier access
- Start/unlock car with Apple Watch without a password
- Ability to change passenger and driver temperature settings separately instead of always together
- Estimated range is displayed (this takes the average consumption of your past 30 miles and estimates your battery range based on that past usage)
- Monitor all three ranges (estimated, rated, ideal/typical) at the same time without changing the settings in your car
Remote commands that will work on the Apple Watch and iPhone/iPad
- Unlock/lock car
- Start/Stop HVAC
- Roof control
- Temperature change
- Honk horn
- Flash lights
- Enable/disable Valet Mode/Clear PIN
- Summon reverse/forward/stop
- Trigger HomeLink
- Start and stop charging
- Open/close charge port (if supported)
- Car location display and tracking
- Support for kilometers/miles and Celsius/Fahrenheit (the app will automatically read the settings from your car, but you can manually change it)
- Display charging stats (amperage, phases, voltage, mi/hr, time left, etc.)
Privacy/Security notice: This app only communicates directly to your car manufacturer's servers when sending login credentials and commands. No identifying information is stored by our company.
Special Thanks: The Tesla Motors Club. ELEKS' Labs for their Apple Watch Tesla concept app. Teo5 for the icon graphics. Will Loconto for the sound effects.
Disclaimer: This software and documentation do not come from nor is endorsed by Tesla Motors Inc. Use this app at your own risk. The author does not guarantee its proper functioning. This app attempts to use the same interface used by the official Tesla apps. However, you are responsible for any changes to your car caused by using this app. Use of this app can move or change settings to your car and we are not liable for any damages to you, your car or any other object in conjunction with the use of this app.
What's New in Version 3.3.8
- Cleaned up the UI for when users who cannot see the battery current anymore (anyone who updated to car firmware 8.1 and above)
- Sped up the refresh rate on the Apple Watch to 5 seconds instead of 10 seconds
- Added opening and closing port functions to Apple Watch in the charge screen force touch menu (2nd one)
- Added refresh stats button to Apple Watch in the charge screen force touch menu
iPad / Apple Watch companion
Nice UI on the watch, and is able to run on iPad unlike the official app. I just use it to monitor charging of an evening while having dinner or watching TV.
Glad it has a clue sheet, and a decent following thread on TMC or it would come over as a little esoteric in UI design.
Look forward to the UI refresh discussed
Probably best app for the Tesla
Does all things other apps do but does it on one screen rather than different pages. What I would like to see for 5 stars is the energy consumption graphically for different journeys. That would be good to see.
Does what it says on the tin.
Happy with this app. I use it all the time.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: 13 April 2017
- Version: 3.3.8
- Size: 19.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Developer: Rego Apps, LLC
- © Rego Apps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.