Remote S for Tesla
By Rego Apps
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Add some more functionality to your Tesla Motors Model S & Model X vehicle with the new Remote S app.
Features currently exclusive to the Remote S app:
- Fully functional Apple Watch app
- 3D Touch menu for quick commands from the Home Screen
- Start car with Touch ID without needing a password (can be disabled)
- Opens, connects, and issues commands faster than the Tesla app
- Avoid fees from Tesla: Alarm sounds when the car has completed charging at the Supercharger
- Set an alarm when charging reaches a certain kW or % level
- Camp Mode allows you to keep the HVAC on in the car even though there is no activity. Normally, the car will turn off HVAC after 30 minutes.
- Trigger HomeLink even if the car is plugged in, not in PARK, or you are not near the car
- Display battery usage (vampire drain) & instant charging rate (not the average)
- Check your firmware version remotely
- View how many miles are being used per hour
- Summon your car when not near it and without continuous press needed (autopilot required)
- remotes:// URL schema with custom commands - See 3.3.0 release notes.
- Max cool and Max heat buttons to quickly send multiple commands to your car to optimize cooling and heating
- No-Commands Mode lets you log in the app for your family/friends to monitor your Tesla's location live without allowing them to issue commands to your car.
- Breadcrumb tracking allows you to see the path that the car has recently taken.
- Trip statistics shows your current MPGe, kWh used, miles traveled, kWh per 100 miles, cost savings vs. an internal combustion engine car, cost savings over the lifetime of your car, and many more fun stats.
- Save trip routes to different save slots and compare the distance, kWh used, cost, and more for each route.
- Accurate odometer/range readout with decimal places.
- This opens up all sorts of functionality, such as scheduling, queued commands, and repeated commands
- Consolidated stats and commands into one screen for quicker and easier access
- Start/unlock car with Apple Watch without a password
- Ability to change passenger and driver temperature settings separately instead of always together
- Estimated range is displayed (this takes the average consumption of your past 30 miles and estimates your battery range based on that past usage)
- Monitor all three ranges (estimated, rated, ideal/typical) at the same time without changing the settings in your car
Remote commands that will work on the Apple Watch and iPhone/iPad
- Unlock/lock car
- Start/Stop HVAC
- Roof control
- Temperature change
- Honk horn
- Flash lights
- Enable/disable Valet Mode/Clear PIN
- Summon reverse/forward/stop
- Trigger HomeLink
- Start and stop charging
- Open/close charge port (if supported)
- Car location display and tracking
- Support for kilometers/miles and Celsius/Fahrenheit (the app will automatically read the settings from your car, but you can manually change it)
- Display charging stats (amperage, phases, voltage, mi/hr, time left, etc.)
Privacy/Security notice: This app only communicates directly to your car manufacturer's servers when sending login credentials and commands. No identifying information is stored by our company.
Special Thanks: The Tesla Motors Club. ELEKS' Labs for their Apple Watch Tesla concept app. Teo5 for the icon graphics. Will Loconto for the sound effects.
Disclaimer: This software and documentation do not come from nor is endorsed by Tesla Motors Inc. Use this app at your own risk. The author does not guarantee its proper functioning. This app attempts to use the same interface used by the official Tesla apps. However, you are responsible for any changes to your car caused by using this app. Use of this app can move or change settings to your car and we are not liable for any damages to you, your car or any other object in conjunction with the use of this app.
What's New in Version 3.3.6
New in 3.3.6
- Fixed the bug where a non-Supercharger charger was reporting the battery current instead of the charger current
- Fixed the bug where a negative current was displayed as a positive one
- Fixed the bug in the Apple Watch app where the internal and external temperatures had too many decimal places when using Celsius degrees
New in 3.3.5
New exclusive features
- Since Tesla now charges a fee for keeping your car plugged into the Supercharger station after the charge is complete, I added an alarm to Remote S that will play if this happens. This way, if you want to take a nap or eat lunch while supercharging, you can keep Remote S open, and it will sound an alarm when the charge is complete or stopped. The alarm is shut off when you unplug from the Supercharger or close the app. This only affects completed or stopped charges in Tesla superchargers. It will not sound an alarm for any other charger. If you don't want this feature, disable it in the app's settings in the Settings app. It is on by default.*
- Also, you can now set an alarm for certain charging conditions such as if the charge is at or above a certain percentage or if the charging power drops below a certain kW. This will apply for any charger type, but you can set it to only apply to Tesla superchargers. If you want this feature, enable it in the app's settings in the Settings app. It is off by default.*
- The app now tells you how long ago in seconds the information has been updated. And if it's data that's older than a minute, the app will color the "Updated at:" text in white as opposed to dark grey, to show you that the app has not yet received updated data from Tesla. This should help when figuring out whether you're looking at cached data or real-time data.
*Please note that Remote S must remain open for the alarms to work. It will not work if it's in the background.
- Fixed a bug where the username and password were not saved if the Tesla was not named yet
- Battery current now displays correctly even if a charge cable is connected
- Supercharger current now displays when using Tesla's superchargers
- Battery current now displays the correct value when it is negative
- Fixed bug for the Apple Watch that displayed the incorrect HVAC status
- Added graphical instructions to the website when you press the Remote S logo and scroll down
- Changed error message for pano roof settings that are not Vent and Close, because Tesla disabled the other roof settings. The icons will remain for a graphical reference if you set the pano roof settings in your car. The functionality will be put back if Tesla ever enables it again.
- Changed "Battery info" and "Charge info" labels to just "Battery" and "Charge" so that people with long names for their Teslas don't have overlapping text on top of the word "info".
- Added instructions when trying to trigger the HomeLink command.
- Updated app icon to be more symmetrical.
Comprehensive, fast and clean
App adjusts beautifully to iPad, iPhone or Apple watch and provides quick, comprehensive access to the features which Tesla permit. Developer is the most responsive high quality one I've seen in a long while.
Wish other apps were this useful: I use this on iPhone, iPad and Apple watch.
The typical, estimated and rated mileage feature is excellent and the functionality is way better than the current Tesla App...
Great App, Better than The official one
I really like this App, so much better than the official one, worth the money
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: 19 January 2017
- Version: 3.3.6
- Size: 19.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Developer: Rego Apps, LLC
- © Rego Apps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.