Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Remote is designed to be in perfect sync with iTunes. With just a few taps on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, you can play iTunes Radio from anywhere in your home. Choose playlists, songs and albums as if you were in front of your computer or Apple TV. Or play them from iCloud with iTunes Match on Apple TV. Control your Apple TV with the flick of your finger or use the keyboard to quickly tap out a title instead of clicking letters on the Apple TV screen.
Control your iTunes Library
• Browse, listen to and control your iTunes library from anywhere in your home
• Create and update iTunes playlists, including Genius playlists
• View album, film and TV programme artwork
• See upcoming songs with Up Next
• Search your entire iTunes library
• Control shared libraries on iTunes and Apple TV
Control your Apple TV
• Use simple gestures to control Apple TV
• Enter text with the keyboard
• Browse, listen to and control your iTunes Match library on Apple TV
• Browse your purchased films and TV programmes in the app and play them on Apple TV
Play iTunes Radio
• Play iTunes Radio on your Mac, PC or Apple TV
• Browse and play Featured Stations and My Stations
• Create a station from a song or artist
Listen with AirPlay Speakers
• Control iTunes to send music to AirPlay speakers
• Set the volume on each speaker independently
• Requires a device with iOS 7.1 or later
• Controlling iTunes Radio requires iTunes 11.1.3 or later or Apple TV Software 6.1 or later
• Requires a Wi-Fi connection to Apple TV or iTunes on a Mac or PC
What's New in Version 4.2.2
This update includes minor stability and performance improvements.
Iain not working now since ios8.1 update
Please fix guys as i rely on this app instead of apple remote control it has stopped working altogether since new update i used to be able to switch on and off my apple tv using the remote app but that was over two updates ago geez u launch remote app for apple watch and cant even fix this what used to be an excellent app for using insteadof the apple tv remote supplied.
Honestly is anyone actually caring to fix this app or is it just lip service to apple customers who are loyal to usnd apple products and who have invested alot of money in your products...very disappointing update please can u get your act together apple app developers and make this again the best app for using with apple tv thank you...
Album artwork can sometimes be a little slow to load, but otherwise this app is excellent and works flawlessly.
Perhaps you could save the library details from the last time the remote is connected, and then make the appropriate changes to this cache when something in the library changes. That way you don't need to stream hundreds of album artworks over the relatively slow Wi-Fi router.
Doesn't stay connected or won't connect.
I've used this App for years without a problem. Since the update I've got to quit the app and relaunch to connect even when the Apple TV is working and I just want to watch a different show. It won't recognise my Apple TV and when the TV icon does show up tapping it does nothing so I have to fully quit the app and then restart it again. It's a shame as I use the app everyday and it just takes away the simplicity of what it designed to do.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 21 April 2015
- Version: 4.2.2
- Size: 25.1 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: iTunes S.a.r.l.
- © 2015 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.