Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Remote is a great companion to Apple TV or iTunes. Control your Apple TV with the flick of your finger or use the keyboard to quickly enter text. Connect to iTunes on your Mac or PC to play from your library as if you’re in front of your computer. Remote is the best way to control iTunes from anywhere in your home.
Control your Apple TV
• Enter text with the keyboard
• Use simple gestures to navigate Apple TV
• Control the song, film or TV programme that's currently playing
Control your iTunes Library
• Browse and control your iTunes library from anywhere in your home
• Create and update iTunes playlists, including Genius playlists
• View album, film and TV programme artwork
• See upcoming songs with Up Next
• Search your entire iTunes library
• Control shared libraries on iTunes and Apple TV
Listen with AirPlay Speakers
• Control iTunes to send music to AirPlay speakers
• Set the volume on each speaker independently
• Device with iOS 7 or later
• Wi-Fi connection to Apple TV or iTunes on a Mac or PC
• Apple TV (4th generation) requires tvOS 9.1 or later
Note for Apple TV (4th generation):
Remote app is designed to provide simple navigation, text input, and control with the new Apple TV. Features such as Siri, volume control, or using the accelerometer or gyroscope for game play are only made possible with the Siri Remote.
What's New in Version 4.2.3
Remote app adds support for the new Apple TV (4th generation), providing similar functionality as it did with Apple TV (3rd generation) for text input, navigation and control.
Rubbish, rubbish, rubbish
Hello all. I have had apple products from almost the start. My loft is full of them, I am not an expert but I am reasonably savvy around tech stuff. But this remote app and connecting to the Apple TV 4 has me beat. Just to confirm to the Pillock that called us all muppets that cannot get this to connect I have tried 20 times, power Apple TV down, resetting, deleting the remote app, logging in and out of share, trying to connect without apple share. Nothing works, very sadly this appears to be apples position more and more now. I use Apple for music creation and I have had to reset my Machines, manually power down, lose my material, etc etc more times in the last two years than the other 14 + years before that put together, what are you doing......WHAT ARE YOU DOING.....SORT YOURSELVES OUT FOR CHRIST SAKE.
Excellent once I'd got it working
I'd just set up my newly purchased Apple TV generation 4 and then downloaded the Remote app. I then spent several hours trying to get it to work with my new Apple TV. I was about to give up like many others here when I noticed somewhere a suggestion to download the latest version of software for Apple TV. So I did and hey presto the Remote app started to interact with my new Apple TV and has been brilliant ever since.
Apple TV 4 support works great
Ignore the muppets below who haven't read the instructions to configure their ATV4 to connect to Home Sharing. The previous version of this app worked after tvOS 9.1 update a few days ago. Not sure what this version actually adds then, maybe to reset the reviews.
Anyway, remote works and Apple TV 4 is excellent for what it does. People need to read instructions before submitting rage quit reviews.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 09 December 2015
- Version: 4.2.3
- Size: 25.3 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: iTunes S.a.r.l.
- © 2015 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.