Here is what Remotix users say:
“Does everything I want and expect it to do. Without a fuss or unnecessarily indirect methods. Highly recommend it.”
“Use it on Mac, iPad and iPhone, works flawlessly. I support remote systems, Mac & PC, VNC & RDP. I have tried many, have not seen anything that comes close to this app. Extremely satisfied.”
• Introducing NEAR - low-latency, adaptive, H264-based remote desktop protocol
• Apple Screen Sharing, VNC and RDP, including RD Gateway
• Connect from anywhere with Remotix Cloud technology
• Automatic clipboard synchronization
• Syncs computers across all devices with Remotix Cloud & iCloud
• Secure SSH connections with both password and public key auth
• Discovers all nearby machines using network scanners
• Master password & Touch ID protection
• Designed for iPhone, iPad and iPad Pro
• Take and share the screenshots of the remote machine
• Full set of multi-touch gestures to pan, zoom, drag, right click & scroll
• Point-and-click or touchpad-mode remote desktop control
• Hardware and bluetooth keyboard support, including F keys, cursor and modifiers
• Swiftpoint GT and Citrix X1 mouse support
• Complete international character input
• Extended keyboard to access copy/paste, function and navigation keys
• 3D Touch for right click
If you are connecting to Mac or PC with NEAR:
• Hardware accelerated H264 based remote desktop experience;
• Three quality modes, including “smooth” - for video & games.
• Automatically adapts to changing network conditions;
• Clipboard synchronization;
• Remote sound transfer;
• Login using system credentials or personal access code;
• Curtain mode & remote screen locking (Mac only).
If you are connecting to a Mac with Screen Sharing:
• Five quality modes, including adaptive for average and slow Internet connections
• Multi-display configuration selection, combined or each display individually
• VNC password and Mac OS X authentication methods
• Greatly improves interaction speed with server-side picture scaling,
• Multi-language keyboard input using "Keyboard through Clipboard" mode
• Remote screen locking
• Access to hidden dock or menu
If you are connecting to Windows over RDP:
• RD Gateway & load-balancing configurations
• On-the-fly resolution and scale change
• Sound playback & recording
• Real time network speed adaptation for the best performance over 3G or LAN
• Secure NLA authentication
• RDP over SSH
If you are connecting to Windows or Linux over VNC:
• Tested and works well with UltraVNC, TightVNC, RealVNC, VMWare, TigerVNC, x11vnc and other servers
• UltraVNC Windows Logon authentication
• TLS encryption and VeNCrypt authentication (ProxMox)
• x11vnc -ncache mode support
- Support for new iPhone resolutions
- Fixed crash on screenshot sharing
As always we'll be grateful for positive AppStore review. Remotix development is driven by you and your feedback!
Ratings and Reviews
Solid, efficient and cloud based
Remotix proves that remote support can be very usable from a mobile device. After using and trying out many known and lesser known remote control tools on desktops, laptops and mobile devices, this is definitely my favourite.
Also, Remotix Cloud now means I can connect anywhere I'm online. You do need RDP enabled for Windows clients, so it doesn't work for supporting Windows Home products. That's the only downer, which it would be brilliant to see them work around sometime.
I'd recommend this for any Tech who wants a robust well thought out remote desktop application, especially when supporting Macs.
Dependable & easy to use
This app has proved very dependable and seems to make better use of bandwidth than mac os screen sharing.
If the developers are looking to improve it about the only thing that would be useful is the ability to configure the toolbar for commonly used keys as the keys shown seem to be automatically determined by the width of the screen.
Works well with the Sharepoint GT mouse although some older IOS devices seem not to connect with this mouse. Also on a normally sized ipad the inbuilt mouse features are generally good enough.
Awesome awesome awesome
I have tried nearly every VNC app on the market. Screens doesn't have trackpad, Iteleport missed some features I needed and Remoter is while fantastic ugly as hell and has poor SSH key support.... This app... Has everything. At last! It's awesome. I love it. And AT LAST the mighty iPad has a good enough VNC client. I hope the creators now tackle the next 2 great missing apps on iPad... A perfect note taker and a perfect photoshop style app. After this perfect VNC I hope they do it! Update: in July 2016 this app had a huge update making it even better. So happy!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.