Your world, your news. Catch up on what’s happening in the world 24/7 with Reuters News.
Breaking news, analysis and market data, completely redesigned with more personalisation, better video news integration, catch-up cards and more.
• The resources of the world’s largest and most trusted news organisation at your fingertips — 2,500 reporters in 200 locations.
• Global coverage of everything from Brexit to Markets to Science and more.
• Alerts for breaking news and the stories you care about the most.
• Even more personalisation features.
• Catch up quickly and on the go with new Editorial Highlights.
• Your personal Market Watchlist, plus stocks, bonds, currencies and commodities analysis.
• Deeper integration with Reuters TV, award-winning video news for busy people. (Available on supported devices.)
• Constantly updated with new features: Save stories to read later, Night Mode,Editorial Highlights, Offline Access, and more.
• Bug fixes and minor performance enhancements.
• Added additional iOS SDK compatibility.
Ratings and Reviews
It wasn't broken. Shouldn't have tried to fix it
I've used this app as my news source for 6+ years now, right up until just after I finish this review. Then it's getting deleted. It once gave me a comprehensive, scrolling World News timeline that couldn't be beaten by any other app. You got all the world news, updated every few minutes, all day and night. No other app did that. With the new update, the stories are not as frequent, there's less of them, a large number of stories are missing on the new app (I ran the new app on my phone and the old app on my iPad and compared the two - new app has LESS CONTENT). I grudgingly put up with the intrusive large adverts before, but they are even more annoying on the new app. You've ruined what made the app special and turned it into a generic news app. I can go elsewhere for the same news content with no adverts - and I will.
Shame, was excellent before the update now very poor
This app used to be great with a clear concise presentation and loads of content. However, since the update whilst the new design is ok the amount of content has plummeted. The number of news articles has dropped massively. For example as I write the UK news section’s most recent article says posted 18hours ago. The ones before that are all from yesterday. That’s hardly rolling, up to the date news and basically useless as a news app. Not sure why this has been done but I hope they revert to the old content provider because unfortunately this simply does not do what it should do. Shame !
Whose bright idea was this mess of an app?! It’s so clunky now, bulky and cumbersome to use. Loved the old version because I could scroll down the lovely compact display very quickly, catching headlines from around the world, on a huge range of topics and clicking on the ones I was particularly interested in. I have tried to get used to the change but it’s just not giving me what I’m looking for. It’s like swapping a healthy salad, with loads of different tasty ingredients, for a manky old pizza. The old raw “feed” version just worked, it wasn’t broken and could easily have accommodated extra ads if that’s what you needed to do! Now deleted I’m afraid.
- Thomson Reuters
- 89.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © Thomson Reuters Corporation
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.