Runtastic Road Bike PRO GPS Cycling Computer, Ride and Route Tracker
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Take your road cycling experience one step further with Runtastic Road Bike, the best app for cycling fans. It turns your smartphone into an intelligent GPS cycling computer with 50+ insightful features & compatible bike hardware.
The Runtastic Road Bike app has been developed with the needs of road cyclists in mind & offers everything they could require. Runtastic Road Bike is ideal for all types of cycling activities, be it a casual ride around the park, an interval training session, long sunday ride or even racing like in The Tour of Britain. Start tracking your bike rides, races and even tours, benefit from comprehensive analysis & experience cycling on a new level.
APP FEATURES & BENEFITS: (limited in Lite version)
- Track your cycling via GPS: Distance, duration, speed, elevation gain, pace, calories burned, etc.
- LIVE Tracking & Cheers: Go LIVE and show your friends where and how fast you’re cycling & let them cheer you on for more motivation
- Route search: Browse & search thousands of cycle routes (available in the app and on Runtastic.com)
- Voice Coach: Keeps you posted about your speed, distance, elevation gain, etc.
- Maps (Google Maps): Details on your current location
- Offline Maps: Download & save maps to your smartphone for low signal areas
- Coloured Traces (speed, elevation, climb rate, heart rate, etc.)
- Display your current rate of climb during a ride (elevation gain/minute)
- Show current grade in %
- Determine cadence & speed during your velo tours with the Runtastic Speed & Cadence Sensor (Bluetooth Low Energy)
- Heart rate measurement (with additional hardware)
- Configure your display: You choose which values are shown during your rides
- Auto Pause: No need to manually stop & start activities during short breaks (with Runtastic Speed & Cadence Sensor)
- Music: Create a playlist for your rides & activate your Powersong to boost motivation!
- Wind & weather conditions
- Detailed post-tour analysis incl. time rode uphill, downhill, flat, as well as graphs & training progress
- Open Street Map/Open Cycle Map Integration: Plan bike tours & discover new routes
- Share your routes & success on Google+, Facebook, Twitter and via email
COMPATIBLE BIKE HARDWARE:
- Runtastic Heart Rate Combo Monitor
- Runtastic Speed & Cadence Sensor (Bluetooth Low Energy)
- Runtastic Bike Case for Android Smartphones
- Runtastic Sports Armband
You can upload all your cycling workouts to Runtastic.com where they’re automatically added to your training log. Detailed information on your bike activities, comparisons with your friends, as well as further benefits help you stay motivated, improve your race times & reach your personal training goals. Next stop, Tour de France!
Get the Runtastic Road Bike app now!
What's New in Version 3.4
- Optimized for the new iOS 9
- Improved stability and minor bug fixes
Love Runtastic? Our goal is to help you improve your fitness and encourage healthy living. Rate us & tell others about your experience in the App Store.
Excellent offline maps, but very limited device support.
I've always liked the design of this app, and the maps and routes are the best of any cycling app I've tried. I would use it if only Runtastic would support other devices - I can't use my Stages power meter nor my RFLKT+ display because Runtastic only support their own devices. For me it makes this app useless - why would I use an app costing a few pounds that won't support my devices costing hundreds. So, two stars, its good as far as it goes - but thats not far enough.
I have used Runtastic Road Bike for a while & have found it excellent. Menus are straightforward & with the Pro version, offline maps extend the battery life of the phone although it is worth getting an external USB battery pack for longer rides. The only down side is that it is tempting to spend more on extra sensors!
Great app but this version is buggy
Like all the runtastic app this one is bursting with features and works well. This latest version has 2 bugs, one it randomly shuts down and two when I try to connect to myfitnesspal it just just from one app to the other then back again but doesn't connect them. I'm using an iPhone 6plus with iOS 9.02.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: 07 September 2015
- Version: 3.4
- Size: 44.7 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Developer: runtastic
- © runtastic GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.