Runtastic Road Bike GPS Cycling Tracker PRO
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Take your road cycling experience one step further with Runtastic Road Bike, the best app for cycling fans. It turns your smartphone into an intelligent GPS cycling computer with 50+ insightful features & compatible bike hardware.
The Runtastic Road Bike app has been developed with the needs of road cyclists in mind & offers everything they could require. Runtastic Road Bike is ideal for all types of cycling activities, be it a casual ride around the park, an interval training session, long sunday ride or even racing like in The Tour of Britain. Start tracking your bike rides, races and even tours, benefit from comprehensive analysis & experience cycling on a new level.
APP FEATURES & BENEFITS: (limited in Lite version)
- Track your cycling via GPS: Distance, duration, speed, elevation gain, pace, calories burned, etc.
- LIVE Tracking & Cheers: Go LIVE and show your friends where and how fast you’re cycling & let them cheer you on for more motivation
- Route search: Browse & search thousands of cycle routes (available in the app and on Runtastic.com)
- Voice Coach: Keeps you posted about your speed, distance, elevation gain, etc.
- Maps (Google Maps): Details on your current location
- Offline Maps: Download & save maps to your smartphone for low signal areas
- Coloured Traces (speed, elevation, climb rate, heart rate, etc.)
- Display your current rate of climb during a ride (elevation gain/minute)
- Show current grade in %
- Determine cadence & speed during your velo tours with the Runtastic Speed & Cadence Sensor (Bluetooth Low Energy)
- Heart rate measurement (with additional hardware)
- Configure your display: You choose which values are shown during your rides
- Auto Pause: No need to manually stop & start activities during short breaks (with Runtastic Speed & Cadence Sensor)
- Music: Create a playlist for your rides & activate your Powersong to boost motivation!
- Wind & weather conditions
- Detailed post-tour analysis incl. time rode uphill, downhill, flat, as well as graphs & training progress
- Open Street Map/Open Cycle Map Integration: Plan bike tours & discover new routes
- Share your routes & success on Google+, Facebook, Twitter and via email
COMPATIBLE BIKE HARDWARE:
- Runtastic Heart Rate Combo Monitor
- Runtastic Speed & Cadence Sensor (Bluetooth Low Energy)
- Runtastic Bike Case for Android Smartphones
- Runtastic Sports Armband
You can upload all your cycling workouts to Runtastic.com where they’re automatically added to your training log. Detailed information on your bike activities, comparisons with your friends, as well as further benefits help you stay motivated, improve your race times & reach your personal training goals. Next stop, Tour de France!
Get the Runtastic Road Bike app now!
What's New in Version 3.4.2
Your favorite biking app is now better than ever!
- Your feedback counts: We’re constantly improving our apps to provide you with the best possible experience.
- New app language: Traditional Chinese
Love Runtastic? Rate us with 5 stars & tell others about your experience in the App Store.
Annoying features let the side down
This app has lots of useful features and I use it every day for my commute to work. I'm a loyal user of over 2 years but that's mostly because I don't want to lose my history and I've paid for the Pro version which is expensive!!
I do wonder whether they test properly, or consult any UX people, because it can be really fiddly and long winded to set things up, and some features are crazy.
The main gripe is that you cannot just hit the countdown timer, screenlock your phone and shove it in your bag to set off. Why? Because the session pauses, and you get to the end of your journey to find it hasn't started and you have no data at all....
This is a new "feature", you could do this in the past, it has crept in with one of the updates that improved the app from crashing at will.
When I went to the Pro version, I found there was no way to move my data of my sessions over without going into each session and clicking 4 times (each with a pause of several seconds) to upload to server, so I have essentially lost that data.
It's far too fiddly to change user data, like your weight, and it's not flexible enough in this section.
There's no app version in-app so I can't say which version I'm using, and there's no way to send feedback or get help within the app so I have to write it all in this review instead.
I think I'll start looking for something else... It's really not good enough for an app with a premium price tag like this.
Who needs garmin?
Not tried all the functions so can't give 5 stars but for £3 I can't fault it. Just done 300 miles Leicester to Paris, all mapped out on the 'create route' function which is simple to use. Followed perfectly on iPhone 5 all the way and saved routes as gpx for my fellow riders who used routes on their devices too. Not sure why anyone needs a garmin touring when I can do this one my laptop/phone for £200 less! Marvellous.
Update bug - fails to track ride
As mentioned in another review - this latest update has broken the ability to lock the screen as the count down starts - if you do this you'll find it's still counting down at the end of the ride with no data tracked (very annoying). Never had this issue on previous versions - wish I hadn't updated.
Something has changed regarding how it works (or doesn't work) when running in the background.
Could also do with the option for recording data from a power meter - if the countdown bug can be fixed.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: 12 September 2016
- Version: 3.4.2
- Size: 57.8 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Developer: runtastic
- © runtastic GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.