Runtastic Road Bike PRO GPS Cycling Computer, Ride and Route Tracker
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Take your road cycling experience one step further with Runtastic Road Bike, the best app for cycling fans. It turns your smartphone into an intelligent GPS cycling computer with 50+ insightful features & compatible bike hardware.
The Runtastic Road Bike app has been developed with the needs of road cyclists in mind & offers everything they could require. Runtastic Road Bike is ideal for all types of cycling activities, be it a casual ride around the park, an interval training session, long sunday ride or even racing like in The Tour of Britain. Start tracking your bike rides, races and even tours, benefit from comprehensive analysis & experience cycling on a new level.
APP FEATURES & BENEFITS: (limited in Lite version)
- Track your cycling via GPS: Distance, duration, speed, elevation gain, pace, calories burned, etc.
- LIVE Tracking & Cheers: Go LIVE and show your friends where and how fast you’re cycling & let them cheer you on for more motivation
- Route search: Browse & search thousands of cycle routes (available in the app and on Runtastic.com)
- Voice Coach: Keeps you posted about your speed, distance, elevation gain, etc.
- Maps (Google Maps): Details on your current location
- Offline Maps: Download & save maps to your smartphone for low signal areas
- Coloured Traces (speed, elevation, climb rate, heart rate, etc.)
- Display your current rate of climb during a ride (elevation gain/minute)
- Show current grade in %
- Determine cadence & speed during your velo tours with the Runtastic Speed & Cadence Sensor (Bluetooth Low Energy)
- Heart rate measurement (with additional hardware)
- Configure your display: You choose which values are shown during your rides
- Auto Pause: No need to manually stop & start activities during short breaks (with Runtastic Speed & Cadence Sensor)
- Music: Create a playlist for your rides & activate your Powersong to boost motivation!
- Wind & weather conditions
- Detailed post-tour analysis incl. time rode uphill, downhill, flat, as well as graphs & training progress
- Open Street Map/Open Cycle Map Integration: Plan bike tours & discover new routes
- Share your routes & success on Google+, Facebook, Twitter and via email
COMPATIBLE BIKE HARDWARE:
- Runtastic Heart Rate Combo Monitor
- Runtastic Speed & Cadence Sensor (Bluetooth Low Energy)
- Runtastic Bike Case for Android Smartphones
- Runtastic Sports Armband
You can upload all your cycling workouts to Runtastic.com where they’re automatically added to your training log. Detailed information on your bike activities, comparisons with your friends, as well as further benefits help you stay motivated, improve your race times & reach your personal training goals. Next stop, Tour de France!
Get the Runtastic Road Bike app now!
What's New in Version 3.3
- Performance Improvements
Love Runtastic? Our goal is to help you improve your fitness and encourage healthy living. Rate us & tell others about your experience in the App Store.
Good for route planning and as cycle computer
Only used it three times so far on my bicycle, I have been able to plan a lot of routes on the desktop version and these appear in the app when you next log in. Still getting used to it, I may be wrong or be doing something wrong but the routes don't appear on the map when you start the journey but a blue line follows the path you take, it's fine at the moment while I'm taking easy routes which are main roads, as I work my way up to some of the more complicated ones I have entered it may prove a problem as I may miss turns I have entered.
It doesn't appear to be too power or data hungry at the moment either.
The cycle computer part appears to work well and appears accurate although the GPS is a little slow at realising you've stopped. So far quite pleased with the app.
Treated like the poor brother of the Runtastic family
What I like, I like. It makes for a reasonable speedometer/navigation map for the iPhone. Unfortunately I haven’t found anything I like better in the App Store so far.
I say ‘unfortunately’ as what I don’t like is many fold:
I don’t like being constantly prompted to log-in. I did set up an account but I didn’t find it useful, so I'm much happier just to use the app standalone and keep my data private. I really don’t like the hard sell on Premium membership.
The offline maps interface is unintuitive and unhelpful. It’s not possible to see what area is already downloaded. You can only download one single rectangle with a limited area. You have to either select offline maps or online maps. If you cross over the boarder of your downloaded map then you’re rather stuck. How about treating it like a cache. If you have a tile downloaded then you use it, if not you go online?
I don’t like the fact that this app is trailing way behind the Runtastic running app. We’re still waiting for Health Kit and iPhone 6,6+ display support, both of which are there in the running app.
But probably worst of all is the fact that there appears to be no support. Clicking on ‘support’ on the web site only allows you to visit a knowledge base. There appears to be no way to contact the developer. That’s the only reason for posting a negative review rather than sending feedback direct to Runtastic.
User of the app for 3 years. Always a hassle when iOS upgrades and the wait for Runtastic to debugg. However I used this app way back when there was an automatic pause. Stopping for traffic lights or other reasons the app would automatically pause, then resume when you got moving again. Great feature for all your data, however for a few years now this really useful feature is no longer available! The best and always get better........
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: 05 May 2015
- Version: 3.3
- Size: 49.3 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Developer: runtastic
- © runtastic GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.