All 19 of your favourite Roald Dahl audiobooks in one phizz-whizzing library app - listen to free chapters then download the whole story.
*Sample first chapter of each book for FREE by clicking on the title icon*
• Exclusively available in audio digital format through this app
• All first chapters available free!
• Buy and download the complete versions of your favourite titles
• Readings by top actors including:
• Oscar-winner Kate Winslet
• National treasure Stephen Fry
• Little Britain star David Walliams
• Douglas Hodge, who starred as Willy Wonka in the stage musical of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
• Sound effects specially created by Pinewood Studios
• Music by Rusty Bradshaw, regular musician with Florence and the Machine
• Sleeper function – set it to play till bedtime then it automatically switches off
• Cache and store your choices to allow offline listening on the go
• Share on social media
Brought to you by Puffin – we make stories.
Roald Dahl is the world’s number-one storyteller, with more than 15 million copies of his books sold around the world every year. His books are published in 55 languages. Born in Wales in 1916, to Norwegian parents, Roald Dahl has become an icon of children’s literature and his books continue to be adored by generations of young readers, even after his death in 1990. He was chosen as the favourite author of British teachers in a poll in 2012.
If you experience any technical issues with this app please get in touch. We are happy to help. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
-New, binaural, version of James and the Giant Peach
-Improved user feedback when downloading audio
-General bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Great but very limited
The books are fantastic, and the prices are fair, but you don’t really own them despite paying for them. The files are completely locked to this iOS app. You can’t even transfer and use them on your mac or put them on an MP3 player to listen to them on the move. If my iPad dies (which it did recently but managed to repair it) then I lose the books and the money I paid for them because I can’t even transfer the files to my Mac to back them up. I’d have to buy a new iOS device to reinstall the app. Basically I’m sick of buying things that you don’t really ever own.
I have “purchased” (though it’s more like renting!) one book, but since I can’t play it anywhere but this app on one device, I won’t be buying any more.
Purchase don't restore
Despite developer reassurance that ‘lingering bugs’ would be fixed by an update, my purchases still don’t restore using the app’s function and having signed in with my appleID. June 2018
- - -
I've just reinstalled the app, restored my purchases but am asked to pay for them again (via a pop-up) when I try and play them?! Disappointing, particularly as the UI has visually responded by removing the pricing buttons on the titles for which I've already paid (and as the app's great when all's working.)
Hi there, sorry to hear you are having problems with the app. We will be releasing a new version in the next couple of weeks which should address any lingering bugs. In the meantime, please contact us at email@example.com and we will do our best to help.
Essential update - lost purchases
Have just updated this app as it wouldn’t load in iOS11. Now I can’t play the books I have purchased. Thanks.
- Penguin Books
- 18.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014 Penguin Books
- In-App Purchases
- The BFG £4.99
- The Twits £2.99
- Matilda £4.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.