By Rainfrog, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The key to roasting great coffee lies in the ability to build on your recent triumphs and learn from your past mistakes. Index cards and roasting logs do a fair job of recording details, but Roastmaster puts that data to work for you in each roasting session — giving you the freedom to experiment and see your results in a real-time graph of your past and current roasting data.
Equipped with the optional Data Logging option and a supported Thermocouple, Roastmaster is a powerful automatic hands-free roast-tracker.
In short, Roastmaster is a digital toolkit for the home or professional coffee roaster...
It's a full-featured database that enables you to easily track, organize and quickly retrieve information about your beans, blends, roasts and cuppings...
It's a faithful roasting assistant with a smart timer — at your side during a roast, showing you vital details about past roasts, and the progress of the current roast...
It's a roast alarm — alerting you when your roasts are reaching important stages. Simply drag the interactive alarm marker around the roast gauge to set an alarm — no calculation necessary!
It's an inventory tracker — faithfully keeping your green bean database inventory in sync with your actual green bean supply — automatically. All you have to do it tell it when you buy more.
It's a profile library — maintaining a comprehensive archive of all your roasting profiles and programs, and the roasting curves they contain, linking this information to the graph in each roasting session.
Of all the things it does, though, Roastmaster's main goal is amazing coffee, and helping you to maintain consistency between roasts. It's equipped with a smart gauge that automatically displays the estimated time to first crack, second crack, or a pre-determined roast degree, based on the cumulative data of your past roasts. It also shows you this information in a live timeline, based on criteria you choose, complete with your first and second crack data, durations, and roasting curve data - both past and present.
Designed for both home-roasting enthusiasts and professional roasters, Roastmaster is always ready to help by launching context-sensitive knowledge base or help files from anywhere in the application.
Need to maintain multiple databases? Roastmaster has you covered! Those who roast for friends, family or work will appreciate Roastmaster's ability to keep all of this data and inventory completely separate.
So what are you waiting for? If you're tracking your roasts with a card file or notebook, chances are they aren't as accurate as they could be with Roastmaster.
What's New in Version 8.0.0
What’s New in Version 8.0.0
• Native iOS 8 support.
• Native support for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
• Improved help knowledgebase. Browse clearly-written articles arranged by subject and topic, peruse by related links, or quickly search by keyword.
• AirDrop support.
• SMS and improved Facebook sharing.
Workflow Speed: • The home screen graph now performs deep queries.
• Easily sort your beans, roasts, blends, cuppings, profiles and programs by relevant criteria
• Duplicate a profile or program by long-tapping its icon in any list.
• Automatic snapshots in the analyzer and roasting console.
• All unshared curves are now editable in the console or analyzer – making it easy to build profiles or plot a roast before dropping the beans.
• Profile, program and curve details can now be freely edited from any location.
• Easily promote a profile, program or blend snapshot to the master position.
Roast Analyzer • The analyzer has been rewritten from the ground up, proving an interface that is lightning fast, as well as more informative and intuitive.
• Delta curves allow you to compare the rate of rise of reading curves overlaid on the actual curve data.
• Consolidated notes enable you to view notes of all items of interest in your roast in one place, and edit any of them without ever leaving the analyzer.
• Custom control over how curves plot. Two-finger tap to choose among primary (solid), target (dotted) or off (hidden).
• Easier curve selection by tapping directly on curves, any of their labels or by two-finger tapping to choose from a list. • Unobtrusive, color-coded queued banner alerts. Alerts can be left on screen or dismissed individually.
• Tap on the cupping icon to see a list of individual cupping dates, scores and notes for each cupping being reported. Tap the header of any item in this list to edit those notes right in the analyzer.
• New targeting button (iPad) allows you to easily switch targeting modes without opening the controls dock.
• High-contrast white color scheme.
• The green bean ingredients list in roasts now includes the total cost of the roasted items.
Data Logging Option
• Support for the Range probes from Supermechanical.
• Redesigned analyzer crosshairs give a better view of underlying data, and provide delta pointers to show the current rise. • Record manual temperature samples by tapping on the temp readout.
Miscellaneous • Behmor curves are now editable to support the Behmor Plus panel upgrade, and can be toggled between manual and automatic mode.
• Improved label layout–fit nearly double the notes on a label as before with. • When deleting a roast that is not tagged as complete, the items of that roast will be automatically credited back to inventory before deleting. • When creating a profile from a roast, select the individual curves to include in the profile, and choose which of these should be included as curve templates.
• Fixed the “bouncing balls” issue on the home screen introduced in iOS 8
• Fixed an issue where the probe store could become unresponsive, and unable to connect to iTunes
• Fixed a bug that could cause “Export Database” to fail in rare circumstances
• Fixed bug that may cause a crash when browsing the green bean library, particularly if using the find filter
• Fixed report bug where the range may not honor the input value in some situations
• Exports now properly handle names containing forward slash characters
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: 01 December 2014
- Version: 8.0.0
- Size: 78.4 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Rainfrog, Inc.
- © 2010 Rainfrog,Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Data Logging£10.99