Robots for iPad
By Institute of Electrical & Electronic Engineers Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Robots for iPad is the best, most complete guide to the world of robotics. This fun, highly interactive app lets you explore over 150 real-world robots, with hundreds of animations, photos, videos, and articles.
Featured as "New and Noteworthy" by Apple in the App Store. Reviews and mentions in the NYTimes, Wired, CNET, The New Yorker, Boing Boing, The Verge, Guardian, Mashable, and others. Winner of the Tabby Awards 2014, "iPad: Books & Reference."
• "Delightful" —Wired
• "Robot heaven" —Mashable
• "For kids and parents alike" —Apps Playground
• "Robot fanatics young and old will love" —NYTimes
• "The next best thing to seeing robots up close" —CNET
• "An amazing app that is a good fit for families or schools" —Best Apps for Kids
From IEEE Spectrum, the award-winning technology magazine.
With a vast amount of original and informative content, the app offers an in-depth, hands-on experience for anyone interested in learning more about robotics, including robot enthusiasts, technology lovers, researchers, teachers, parents, and students.
Check out 158 robots from 19 countries, with 360° views, interactive animations, technical specs, and hundreds of photos, videos, and articles.
Among the amazing robots included in the app are Honda’s famed humanoid Asimo, NASA’s Curiosity Mars rover, and Google’s self-driving car. There are also androids, drones, exoskeletons, quadrupeds, and toy robots.
The app offers countless hours of exploration and entertainment. Robot enthusiasts can review in-depth, technical data about each robot, while beginners can learn how robots work and how to get started in robotics.
• The perfect app for anyone who loves robots—and who doesn't?
• Meet 158 robots from 19 countries
• Swipe to see robots in 360° views
• Tap to interact with robots
• Watch hundreds of videos of robots in action
• View over 500 spectacular photos
• Learn how to get started in robotics
• Listen to audio interviews with leading roboticists
• Read detailed specs and articles about each robot
• Keep up to date with daily robot news
• Optimized for Retina display
• "Having an interactive library of robots that you can touch to get information and interact with is great, particularly for enticing kids into science and engineering."
—Dean Kamen, founder of DEKA Research and FIRST
• "A state-of-the-art app with an incredible collection of robots, including many of my old, dear friends."
—Rodney Brooks, founder and CTO of Rethink Robotics and former director of the MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory
• "A fascinating tour through the world of robotics. I couldn't put it down."
—Ken Goldberg, professor of robotics, University of California, Berkeley
—Dennis Hong, director of the Robotics and Mechanisms Laboratory at Virginia Tech
IEEE Spectrum is a magazine and website on science, engineering, and technology. It is the flagship magazine of the IEEE, the world's largest professional association for the advancement of technology. IEEE Spectrum's readership includes engineers, scientists, entrepreneurs, and others interested in technology.
What's New in Version 1.6
- Updated design
- Optimized for iOS 8
- More robots coming soon!
We use this app at school and out of all the 26 we use this my absolute favourite!
Bring in more robots!
I love robots and this is a good app to find all sorts of real life robots. How's about more including the robots from Robot Wars and Battlebots 👍
I like knowing what robots are out there and their specs. Some are very creepy looking.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 17 January 2015
- Version: 1.6
- Size: 521 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Institute of Electrical & Electronic Engineers Inc
- © 2015 IEEE Spectrum
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.