Turn your mobile device into the ultimate streaming companion with the free Roku® mobile app.
Stream hundreds of hit movies, TV shows and more on the go with The Roku Channel, use it as a second remote, enjoy private listening, and more.
The free Roku mobile app makes it easy and fun to control your Roku player and Roku TV™.
Use the Roku mobile app to:
• Control your Roku device as another remote
• Stream hit movies, TV shows and more on the go with The Roku Channel
• Enjoy private listening* with headphones
• Use your voice or keyboard to search for movies, shows, actors, and directors
• Cast videos, photos, and music to your TV
• Add and launch channels on your Roku device
• Enter text on your Roku device easier with your keyboard
To use certain features of the Roku mobile app, you must connect your phone or tablet to the same wireless network as your Roku device. Certain features require a compatible Roku device, and may require logging in to your Roku account.
· Searching by voice is available in English in the US, UK, and Canada only.
· The Roku app is available in English only in Mexico.
* Mobile private listening is available for Roku Express, Express+, Roku Streaming Stick (3600, 3800, 3810), Roku Streaming Stick+, Roku Premiere, Roku Premiere+, Roku Ultra and Roku TVs.
** Subscription or other payment may be required to access certain channel content. Channel availability is subject to change and varies by country.
For more information and troubleshooting help, go to http://support.roku.com
Recent updates you may have missed:
· The Roku Channel is now streaming in this app, at home or on the go, even without a Roku account
· You now have thousands of free movies & TV episodes, plus live news in the palm of your hand.
· This app is now your place for free TV while you’re walking the dog, waiting at the train station, picking the kids up from soccer… you get the idea.
· The remote is still here, so you won’t have to dig through the depths of your couch to find the one you lost.
· We fixed some stuff under the hood and made overall improvements you’re gonna love or maybe not even notice.
· Happy streaming!
Ratings and Reviews
Crude software mostly designed for paid tv streaming.
I was promised it would be easy to view my pictures from pad and phone via the Roku device. It is anything but!! Finally getting the pictures to just show on the smart tv with roku device connected, if I hit any other option like adding music I cannot find a way to get back. Pages keep freezing and the software options are very limited. The home page has every option for paid tv channels but no “Play on tv “ option. What with that, being forced to give my personal data and credit card details in advance and the difficulty to simply do what I wanted and thought I was buying.., this kit is a pain to use. What a big let down!! This app is incomplete there must be a better way.
Voice search now works; Roku support still not great
Back in February I said in a review that voice search was not working on my iPhone. The good news is that is now working, possibly after a recent update.
The bad news is that I had completely given up on Roku Support. After very unhelpful service from them,I had not heard from them at all for very nearly two whole months. It was when they popped up once more after that long silence that I checked the app again and found that it was now working.
Mostly smooth, but very clunky password system
This can be an absolute life saver. I’m always losing remotes and the roku remote is no different but I always have my phone on me and this works most of the time.
The one problem I have is changing the password using the keyboard. It either stops after a certain amount of characters. Or it doesn’t accept the iPhone password system and I’m never going to remember the strong password that it gives me. This is super clunky and needs resolving on the next update.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.