By ROKU INC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The free Roku iOS application allows you to:
· Control your Roku player or Roku TV from your mobile device.
· Use Roku Search with your mobile device. See what’s on, where you can watch it for free, with a subscription, or how much the different channels charge to rent or buy.
· Use your voice to search for movies, TV shows, actors, and directors as well as for streaming channels by name.
· Follow movies, TV shows, and actors in Roku Search and get updates when new content is ready to stream – on what channel and at what price.
· Browse, add, and rate Channels from more than 2,500 streaming channels offered in the Roku Channel Store.*
· Quickly launch your favorite Roku Channels on your Roku player or Roku TV from your mobile device.
· Enter text in your Roku player on-screen interface using your device's keyboard instead of the included remote.
· Name and switch between multiple Roku players and Roku TVs.
· Enjoy your iPhone’s photos, music, and video on your Roku player or Roku TV using the “Play on Roku” feature (Supported on Roku 3, Roku 2, Roku LT, Roku HD (model 2500), Roku TV, and Roku Streaming Stick).
· Get lost in streaming entertainment while keeping things quiet for everyone around you with Private Listening for the new Roku® Streaming Stick® (3600R)
* Subscription or other payment may be required to access certain channel content. Channel availability subject to change and not all content is available in the countries in which Roku devices are sold.
THIS APP REQUIRES A ROKU PLAYER OR ROKU TV
To use this app, you must connect your iOS device to the same network as your Roku player or Roku TV. Certain features require compatible Roku players/Roku TVs or may require logging in to your Roku account.
HAVING TROUBLE FINDING YOUR ROKU PLAYER OR ROKU TV?
Note: If the app does not display your Roku player or Roku TV when starting your app for the first time, try going to network setup again on your Roku player or Roku TV. This will wake your Roku player or Roku TV on your home network. Then, restart the Roku app.
· Roku Search is available when your connected Roku player or Roku TV supports this functionality.
· Searching by voice is available in English in the US and Canada only and elsewhere when updates make voice search available.
· The Roku app is available in English language only in Mexico.
Go to support.roku.com for FAQs or to get help.
What's New in Version 3.6.0
Audio is key to your entertainment experience, but you can’t always turn the volume up high. Listen as loud as you like while keeping things quiet for everyone around you.
Private Listening is now available on Roku TVs*, Roku Express, Roku Express+, Roku Streaming Stick, Roku Premiere, Roku Premiere+ and Roku Ultra
*Private Listening available when viewing streaming content on your Roku TV.
Improved Keyboard integration
We have now made it easier for you to take advantage of the keyboard on your phone. The Roku mobile app now lets you use autocomplete, copy and paste and use the mobile keyboard to make entering text on your Roku device a simple and fun experience.
Couple of flaws
A useful app if you mislay your remote, or if like me your enhanced remote keeps depairing and won't repair unless you factory reset the Roku (seriously...)
Unfortunately the headphone socket feature doesn't work - i get a burst of high pitched audio from the stream and then it just stops.
Another niggle is the time it takes to get to the remote page of the app when you open it. You have to wait for a daft animation while all the menu items appear, and then it still takes a moment or two before it will let you get into the remote control. This is really annoying if you're not sat there with the remote app open all the time on your phone (why would you?)
What a great app, my remote stopped working and I was about to order a new one - only a couple of pound I know but, now I've sorted my problem for free! Easy to access and use!! Absolutely fantastic!!
New private listening feature doesn't work as expected, sound pitch is high - sounds like chipmunks singing. Sort this out it's still buggy.