By Gatada Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Role Planet is a collection of engaging role-plays that make it easy to speak English. Role-playing in pairs is the solution for all those pupils too scared or shy to speak English aloud in the classroom. Furthermore, engaging in an unscripted, yet targeted dialog is essential when learning a new language. With its relevant, funny and provoking topics, Role Planet is a great conversation starter.
Please note: This app was created for 3.5" and 4" screens. We'll update the app when resources allow.
Role Planet …
– invites you to discuss and improvise.
– expands your active vocabulary.
– helps you improve your pronunciation.
– lets you learn from and inspire others.
Role Planet is developed by teachers and designed for teaching and learning English in school or at home.
• 100 playful role-plays
• 103 fact based role-plays
• 1643 voiced words (British & American)
• Studio mode for recording dialogues and glossary
• Key facts (including map and flag) for every featured country
• Quiz covering content and words
• Calendar of 89 commemorative days
Even though Role Planet is meant to improve foreigners’ English skills, native speakers, too, enjoy debating the varied topics.
Funnies are uncomplicated role-plays. Here, the learners can say almost whatever comes to their mind, as this is a humoristic practising of the language. A specific goal of the Funnies is to vary the teaching or warm pupils up with harmless joy at the beginning of each lesson.
The Factual role-plays are a bit more advanced and the role-playing attitude must be matter-of-fact. These role-plays are an excellent way of kick-starting a new theme in class. A specific goal of the Factuals is to rouse curiousness about social and scientific matters around the world.
All role-plays are written in British English. One half of the role-plays – including their added arguments and glossaries – are voiced in British English. The other half is voiced in American. The whole dictionary is voiced in both British and American English.
We love getting feedback! Submit your thoughts, suggestions or frustrations using our support page, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Enjoy, learn and have fun!
All usage is organized by classes. You can manage your classes from the root of any tab. The tabs are organized in what we consider a chronological approximation of how the app should be used, making it optimal for both teachers and students alike. (You can read more about this in the tips and user guide within the app.)
First you navigate to find a role-play suitable for the class. From the detailed view of a role-play you activate Class or Studio mode:
• Class Mode
- Used when doing a role-play in class.
- Guides you through all the role-playing steps.
- Email the list of selected words from the glossary.
- Supports a second screen connected via AirPlay.
• Studio Mode
- Record two 90 seconds role-play sessions.
- Share the recording via email.
- Practice pronouncing the words in the glossary.
The role-plays are organized in five tabs:
- Shows only unused role-plays.
- Sort the role-plays by title or theme.
- Tap a role-play to see all the details.
- Bookmark & favorite the role-play from the details view.
- A single tap to quiz the last used role-play.
- Instant navigation of all the used role-plays.
- Choose between three different quiz types.
- Contains all the words from every glossary in the app.
- Listen to any word in both British and American english.
- Listen to your own recording of the word (made in Studio).
- See all the role-plays associated with the selected word.
- Lists of international days (observances).
- Tap a day to see relevant role-plays.
- Shows all the role-plays that have been used.
- Sort the list by title, theme or date.
- Tap any role-play to see the details.
- Access Class or Studio mode directly from the picked role-play.
What's New in Version 1.11
This is a critical fix for all users. It fixes a bug that prevents the app from launching during the last month of the year. Sorry about this one, for some reason it slipped right by us.
We hope this will be the last fix of this year, so we wish you a Happy Festivus!
Johan & Kjetil
- Category: Education
- Updated: 03 December 2014
- Version: 1.11
- Size: 539 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Johan Herman Wilhelm Basberg
- © Gatada Games AS
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.