Roman Britain offers an interactive introduction to the history, life and legacy of Roman rule in Britain. The app starts at the formation of Rome in 753 BC, covering the fierce battles over British land, everyday life under the Romans and the Romans’ eventual withdrawal. Incorporating details of Roman religion, literature and politics, as well as a chance to discover the Latin roots of many English words, this resource is packed with quizzes and fun activities to enhance learning.
• The legendary founding of Rome by Romulus and Remus
• The Roman army – including armour, weapons and strategies in battle
• Roman conquest of Britain – including early voyages by Julius Caesar
• Roman invasion of Scotland and the building of Hadrian’s Wall
• Roman influences on Britain – including laws, language, religion, dress, trade and government
• The end of Roman Britain
• The legacy of the Roman Empire.
In line with the KS2 curriculum, this learning app will also be of interest to older readers. Once it has been downloaded onto your tablet or phone, you can access all the content offline, so you can take your learning with you. The nimbl technology even saves your notes, activity answers and quiz scores, so you’ll never lose track of your progress.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.