Royal Bank of Scotland
By The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, plc
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Download the Royal Bank of Scotland Mobile Banking app, available for our Digital Banking customers. Our simple and secure app has all the features to help you manage your money on the move, so you have more time for the things that really matter.
How to Register and eligibility
The Royal Bank of Scotland Mobile Banking app is available to Royal Bank of Scotland Personal and Business customers with Digital Banking, who are over 11 and have a UK or international mobile number.
Once you’ve downloaded the app registering is simple, all you need to hand is your Digital Banking customer number, Security Number and password to get access straight away.
Not registered for Digital Banking or forgotten your customer number? Get a reminder or sign up at rbs.co.uk/digital.
Using the app
• Login using Touch ID if you have a compatible iPhone or iPad
• Use your Apple Watch to view your balance and recent transactions and Get Cash when you do not have your debit card
• Use 3D Touch to access features from your home screen on compatible phones
• Hide your balance, reorder your accounts or edit the names of your accounts to personalise your banking experience.
• View your Customer Number – this is the number we use to identify you when you log in to Digital Banking and for authentication when you call us
Managing your money
• View your balances and transactions or transfer money between your Royal Bank of Scotland accounts
• If you have registered for MyRewards (rbs.co.uk/MyRewards) you can check your pending and available Rewards balance
• Manage your Direct Debits and standing orders
• Transfer up to £250 to any UK account
• Make payments to international accounts you have previously set us using Online Banking
• Pay your bills by searching for approved utility and service providers when entering a payee name
• Pay Your Contacts who use the app or any mobile number which is registered for the Paym service
• Share a confirmation after sending a payment or setting up a Standing Order
• Get Cash at any Royal Bank of Scotland (Scotland), NatWest or Tesco cash machine using your app or Apple Watch when you don’t have your debit card
• Use Near Me to find your nearest cash machine or local branch
Other things you need to know
• We are proud to be the first bank in the UK to offer a RNIB Approved App for use by blind and partially sighted customers
• Get Cash lets you take out up to £130 per day from our UK cash machines, when you have at least £10 available in your account
• Pay Your Contacts allows you to pay anyone who has this app or is registered for Paym up to £250 using their UK mobile number. To use Pay Your Contacts customers must be over 16 and have available funds in their account, limits are independent of daily withdrawal and Get Cash limits
• Register for the Paym service in the More menu
• Standard data charges may apply - contact your network operator for details
To enjoy all of the features listed you will need to accept the following permissions:
- Network communication for connectivity
- Your location to find your nearest cash machine or branch
- Access to your contact list to allow you to ‘Pay Your Contacts’
For more information visit rbs.co.uk/mobile or contact our Mobile App support staff on 0345 366 0013 8am to 6pm Monday to Saturday.
What's New in Version 5.5.1
Thanks for banking with the Royal Bank of Scotland!
Here are the most current updates to Royal Bank of Scotland’s mobile banking app:
•We’ll keep you posted on getting the best out of your app and keeping on top of your finances, visit Notifications in the new Profile menu
•Our iPad app has a new look and feel and we've introduced a few new features
If you have personalised your app greeting, it may be reset with this update – you can change it by visiting settings in the new profile menu.
So frustrated and upset with RBS. This new app is horrible and has made business banking so much more difficult for my company. I have 8 RBS bank accounts between my 6 companies and 2 personal Accounts. In the past I could log onto the App to view, pay bills and move money around between all 8 Accounts. This is not possible anymore as only a few Accounts can be linked to the one App. Now I have to go to my computer, log into each individual account, move money around and pay bills. I’m constantly logging in and out of Accounts.
Why did RBS cause this inconvenience? The reason I moved all my business accounts from a different bank to RBS was this exact reason: inconvenience which RBS eliminated for me.... not anymore.
Guess I’m moving banks again.
Since first downloading this app some months ago I’ve only been able to use t smoothly once or twice. Much of the time it refuses my attempts to use it. It asks me to fill in eg my mobile phone number, then tells me (falsely) I’m not connected to the internet. No help is available by online chat and I have never managed to get through on the phone. It is currently inoperative, since I changed my thumbprint and it refused to recognise the new one. I thought rbs online banking was poor, but rbs mobile banking is simply pathetic. I use tsb mobile banking - a joy to use and never gives me a moment’s trouble. And without the silly card reader!
Love the new app
Love the improved version of the app esp the ability to pay a new payee. Would be even better if it would let you save payee details. Overall good app a lot better than it used to be.
Real time information would be a good improvement too as sometimes it delays in showing payments and refunds.
Great feature to now see your direct debits and cancel them too,that’s fantastic!
Would be the best app if ‘pending’ transactions could be shown too.
- Category: Finance
- Updated: 23 October 2017
- Version: 5.5.1
- Size: 94.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Developer: The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, plc
- © 2015 The Royal Bank of Scotland plc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.