Royal Bank of Scotland
By The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, plc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With the RBS Mobile Banking app, managing your money on the move is easy, fast and secure.
• Login to the app with your fingerprint registered under Touch ID if you’re an iPhone 5S, 6 or 6 Plus user*
*If your iPhone is jailbroken, you will be unable to login using Touch ID. However, you can continue to use the app by logging in with your app passcode.
• Get Cash from your account at any NatWest, RBS or Tesco cash machine without using your debit card
• Pay bills & Pay Your Contacts
• Transfer money between your NatWest accounts
• Check your balance and your statement
• View direct debits and Standing orders that you have set up
• Find your nearest cash machine or local branch with Near Me
• Top Up your pay as you go mobile phone and up to four others (Unfortunately we can’t do it for phones on the 3 network)
• Check your Cashback Plus Rewards balance if you’ve already registered as a Cashback Plus customer
Other things you need to know:
- Get Cash lets you take out up to £250 per day from our UK cash machines, when you have at least £10 in your account (including any overdraft facility). There is a maximum limit of two Get Cash withdrawals a day, but only one cash code can be provided at a time. Each code expires after 3 hours. The amount you ask for will also need to be within the daily withdrawal limit for your debit card.
- With ‘Pay Your Contacts’ you can pay anyone who is registered for Paym using their UK mobile number. We’ll send them a text to tell them you’ve sent them money and it goes into their account straight away. You can send up to £250 a day.
- You can also pay someone using Pay Your Contacts who is not registered for Paym but does have a valid UK Visa debit, credit or prepaid card as well as a UK mobile. We’ll send them a text message to let them know the money is waiting, and a link to click. Separately, you will have to let them know how much you’ve sent them. Once we’ve notified your contact, they have seven days to collect a payment. When they follow the link in the message, enter their Visa card number and the amount they’re expecting from you, we’ll deposit the money in their account within two business days. Once they’ve collected the payment and your balance has been debited, we’ll send you a text message. You can send up to £250 a day.
To use ‘Pay Your Contacts’ customers must be over 16 and have available funds in their account (including any overdraft). Limits are independent of daily withdrawal and Get Cash limits.
How to Register
To use the RBS Mobile Banking app, you need to have a RBS personal current account and Digital Banking, be over 11 and have a UK mobile number starting with 07.
Once you’ve downloaded the app, registering is simple. All you need to hand is your Digital Banking customer number, PIN and password to access the app straight away.
Not got a Digital Banking customer number? Get a reminder or sign up for Digital Banking at rbs.co.uk/digital
If you have an existing iPhone app and also want to use the iPad app (or multiple iPhones), we will recognise your mobile number during registration so you don’t need to register again. Simply select option one ‘Existing user’ on your iPad or iPhone and login using your existing passcode. If you’re having trouble with your app please call the helpdesk on 0345 366 0013. Calls may be recorded.
Standard data charges may apply. Contact your network operator for details.
To enjoy all of the features listed you will need to accept the following permissions:
- Network communication for connectivity
- Your location to find your nearest cash machine or branch
- Access to your contact list to allow you to ‘Pay Your Contacts’
What's New in Version 4.2.1
This time round we have made the following changes on the iPhone app:
• We have fixed a bug affecting Pay your contacts following the release of iOS9
Great app, I use this daily to keep an eye on my own and my kids accounts (on separate devices). Touch ID is a great feature for logging in quickly means I do not have to remember individual passwords. The update did deactivate Touch ID but I was able to turn this feature on again in the 'more' tab within the app.
Touch ID sign-in gone!
It's still a great app which serves its function perfectly. The only thing is is that I had just gotten used to signing in with Touch ID - it's very quick and means you don't spend those extra two seconds typing out your number pass. :P Hopefully the Touch ID will be reintroduced with further updates!
Great app, but....
Really good app, however I wish RBS would keep the app updated to the same standard as the NatWest app, they're both made by the same people. The app is currently lacking Apple Watch support, iPhone 6/6 Plus optimisation and also internal features such as ability to remove Direct Debits and Standing Orders.
- Category: Finance
- Updated: 02 October 2015
- Version: 4.2.1
- Size: 34.1 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, plc
- © 2015 The Royal Bank of Scotland plc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.