Royal Bank of Scotland
By Monitise Group Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With the RBS Mobile Banking app, managing your money on the move is easy, fast and secure.
• Get Cash from your account at any RBS, NatWest or Tesco cash machine without using your debit card.
• Pay bills & Pay Your Contacts
• Transfer money between your RBS accounts
• Check your balance and your statement
• Find your nearest cash machine or local branch with Near Me
• Top Up your pay as you go mobile phone and up to four others (Unfortunately we can’t do it for phones on the 3 network)
• Check your Cashback Plus Rewards balance if you’ve already registered as a Cashback Plus customer
Other things you need to know:
- Get Cash lets you take out up to £250 per day from our UK cash machines, when you have at least £25 in your account (including any overdraft facility). There is a maximum limit of two Get Cash withdrawals a day, but only one cash code can be provided at a time. Each code expires after 3 hours. The amount you ask for will also need to be within the daily withdrawal limit for your debit card.
- With ‘Pay Your Contacts’ you can pay anyone else who has the RBS or NatWest Mobile Banking app using just their UK mobile number. We’ll send them a text to tell them you’ve sent them money and it goes into their account straight away. You can send up to £250 a day.
- You can also pay someone using Pay Your Contacts who doesn’t have our app but does have a valid UK Visa debit, credit or prepaid card as well as a UK mobile. We’ll send them a text message to let them know the money is waiting, and a link to click. Separately, you will have to let them know how much you’ve sent them. Once we’ve notified your contact, they have seven days to collect a payment. When they follow the link in the message, enter their Visa card number and the amount they’re expecting from you, we’ll deposit the money in their account the next business day. Once they’ve collected the payment and your balance has been debited, we’ll send you a text message. You can send up to £250 a day.
To use ‘Pay Your Contacts’ customers must be over 16 and have available funds in their account (including any overdraft). Limits are independent of daily withdrawal and Get Cash limits.
- The eagle-eyed amongst you may have spotted Direct Debits and Standing Orders listed on the second screenshot above. Please note that you won’t see this right now in your app but watch this space as the ability to view them is coming soon!
How to Register
To use the RBS Mobile Banking app, you need to have a RBS personal current account with debit card and Digital Banking, be over 11 and have a UK mobile number starting with 07.
Once you’ve downloaded the app, registering is simple. All you need to hand is your Digital Banking customer number and login credentials, debit card and your postcode. Your details will be verified within 24 hours and we’ll send you a text message when you’re all set to go.
Not got an Digital Banking customer number? Get a reminder or sign up for Digital Banking at rbs.co.uk/digital
If you have an existing iPhone app and also want to use the iPad app, we will recognise your mobile number during registration so you don’t need to register again. Simply select option one ‘RBS Group iPhone app’ on your iPad and log-in using your existing passcode. If you’re having trouble with your iPad app please call the helpdesk on 0345 366 0013. Calls may be recorded.
Standard data charges may apply. Contact your network operator for details.
To enjoy all of the features listed you will need to accept the following permissions:
- Network communication for connectivity
- Your location to find your nearest cash machine or branch
- Access to your contact list to allow you to ‘Pay Your Contacts’
What's New in Version 3.11.0
Thanks for updating your app.
This time round we have made some significant improvements to the iPad version of this app so you might not notice anything new on your iPhone app.
However, we have made some behind the scenes changes to the iPhone app in preparation for some exciting new features.
If you’re an iPhone 5S, 6 or 6 Plus user, you can now use your fingerprint registered under Touch ID to login to the app.
Thanks for updating your iPad app.
Based on your feedback, we’ve made a number of changes:
- A new home screen so you can easily navigate around.
- Full account statements, including up to 7 years worth of transactions.
- Interactive graphs so you can better understand your accounts.
- A complete visual makeover of the app.
We know there’s plenty more we can do so keep giving us your feedback. There is a feedback tool on the Logout page.
Back loving the app!
I think RBS has its faults like all banks, however, this app restores your faith in a business who is adaptable, listens to feedback and who is leading the technology market.
The introduction today of being able to log in using your Touch ID is genius well done! The time to access the app is negligible and the functionality is much better than it used to be, I have left a separate review for the iPad version which is now very good.
Well done RBS keep the updates coming, it's the reason I closed my HBOS account :)
Excellent update but still missing iPhone 6 Plus support
Long overdue, this is an excellent re-design of iPad app. Touch ID support on iPhone is also a fantastic addition (well done RBS) but is disappointingly missing from the iPad version. Please add. And contrary to previous reviews, there is still no optimisation for iPhone 6 Plus. Please update!
Great app but cannot get iPad version to run
I have always like the iPhone version but is it just me that cannot get into the iPad version. Once signed in it tells me to confirm some details and when I press the CONFIRM button nothing happens. Bee trying this on two iPads for a couple of weeks :(
- Category: Finance
- Updated: 17 February 2015
- Version: 3.11.0
- Size: 27.6 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Monitise International
- © 2004 - 2014 Monitise Group Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.