Royal Bank of Scotland
By The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, plc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With the RBS Mobile Banking app, managing your money on the move is easy, fast and secure.
• Login to the app with your fingerprint registered under Touch ID if you’re an iPhone 5S, 6 or 6 Plus user
• Get Cash from your account at any RBS, NatWest or Tesco cash machine without using your debit card
• Pay bills & Pay Your Contacts
• Transfer money between your RBS accounts
• Check your balance and your statement
• View direct debits and Standing orders that you have set up
• Find your nearest cash machine or local branch with Near Me
• Top Up your pay as you go mobile phone and up to four others (Unfortunately we can’t do it for phones on the 3 network)
• Check your Cashback Plus Rewards balance if you’ve already registered as a Cashback Plus customer
Other things you need to know:
- If your iPhone is jailbroken, you can no longer use Touch ID to login to the app. However, you can continue to login to the app using your app passcode.
- Get Cash lets you take out up to £250 per day from our UK cash machines, when you have at least £10 in your account (including any overdraft facility). There is a maximum limit of two Get Cash withdrawals a day, but only one cash code can be provided at a time. Each code expires after 3 hours. The amount you ask for will also need to be within the daily withdrawal limit for your debit card.
- With ‘Pay Your Contacts’ you can pay anyone else who has the RBS or NatWest Mobile Banking app using just their UK mobile number. We’ll send them a text to tell them you’ve sent them money and it goes into their account straight away. You can send up to £250 a day.
- You can also pay someone using Pay Your Contacts who doesn’t have our app but does have a valid UK Visa debit, credit or prepaid card as well as a UK mobile. We’ll send them a text message to let them know the money is waiting, and a link to click. Separately, you will have to let them know how much you’ve sent them. Once we’ve notified your contact, they have seven days to collect a payment. When they follow the link in the message, enter their Visa card number and the amount they’re expecting from you, we’ll deposit the money in their account the next business day. Once they’ve collected the payment and your balance has been debited, we’ll send you a text message. You can send up to £250 a day.
To use ‘Pay Your Contacts’ customers must be over 16 and have available funds in their account (including any overdraft). Limits are independent of daily withdrawal and Get Cash limits.
How to Register
To use the RBS Mobile Banking app, you need to have a RBS personal current account and Digital Banking, be over 11 and have a UK mobile number starting with 07.
Once you’ve downloaded the app, registering is simple. All you need to hand is your Digital Banking customer number, PIN and password to access the app straight away.
Not got a Digital Banking customer number? Get a reminder or sign up for Digital Banking at rbs.co.uk/digital
If you have an existing iPhone app and also want to use the iPad app (or multiple iPhones), we will recognise your mobile number during registration so you don’t need to register again. Simply select option one ‘Existing user’ on your iPad or iPhone and login using your existing passcode. If you’re having trouble with your app please call the helpdesk on 0345 366 0013. Calls may be recorded.
Standard data charges may apply. Contact your network operator for details.
To enjoy all of the features listed you will need to accept the following permissions:
- Network communication for connectivity
- Your location to find your nearest cash machine or branch
- Access to your contact list to allow you to ‘Pay Your Contacts’
What's New in Version 4.1.0
This time round we have made the following changes on the iPhone and iPad app:
• To prepare for upcoming enhancements to the app, iPhone customers will need to confirm their mobile number and enter an activation code as part of this update
• iPhone customers will need to re-enable Touch ID via the More menu in the app. Click on More > Touch ID > Enable Touch ID
• iPhone customers can now search by name for specific payee when making a payment
• iPad customers will now be able to apply for an savings account or ISA direct from the app
Brilliant app - don't believe the bad reviews
Too many people slag this app off because they can't be bothered to use it properly or research how to use it properly because they are just lazy. It doesn't work how they think it should so then it must be crap. It might just be that they are being stupid!! This is by far the best banking app I have seen. I have an account with Santander and their app is not as good by a long chalk. I can't recommend this RBS app enough. ps. If you can't get the Touch ID to work click on the "more" option at the bottom of the page and enable Touch ID. It's easy. Nice to see RBS getting something right.
Broke something brilliant
I'm not having the log in issues that some people are having. The new update has taken away an absolutely brilliant feature. Which was that you could send money through the app to people who you had sent money to previously online. For some reason this whole feature has been removed and replaced with a send via mobile number feature. My dad is 68 he's never going to register his mobile number with his bank which means I can't send money to him through the app anymore and have to go through the website. If I have time to do that I don't need the app. Come on guys sort it out
Not sure what all the bad reviews are about (having read them, they aren't really issues!)
I use this app regularly and never have any problems with it. I transfer money between accounts and to external credit cards and people, and never have a problem. Log in with TouchID easily, can use Pay with RBS too. It's all ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ star app!
- Category: Finance
- Updated: 19 May 2015
- Version: 4.1.0
- Size: 34.3 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, plc
- © 2015 The Royal Bank of Scotland plc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.