With the Royal Mail app you can:
• Track your items – just enter your tracking ID number or scan the barcode to check the progress of your deliveries (available with Royal Mail Tracked and Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed items)
• Save recently tracked items so you don’t need to keep entering them again and again
• Add a friendly alias name to the items you are tracking, making them easier to identify in your list of recently tracked items.
• Receive push notifications on your deliveries - never miss a delivery update
• See a photograph of the signature if someone has signed for it, or the safe place an item has been delivered to
• Book a Redelivery – if you’ve missed an item you can easily book a Redelivery to your address, your neighbour’s address or a local Post Office – and specify a delivery day
• Find any Post Office locations or Customer Service Point/Delivery Office, with opening hours, address, map, available services and directions)
• Postcode and address finder – if you’re not sure of a full address, or want to check a postcode, just enter part of the address and we’ll fill in the blanks.
• Save postage receipts - simply take a photo of your receipt and store it to the app.
If you have tracked your item before using the app, you will now automatically be able to receive push notifications on your deliveries. This means you will be updated every step of the way on the status of your item and won’t need to actively check its progress.
We also continue to deliver performance and reliability improvements with this update.
Ratings and Reviews
Great we finally have a app that we can use to track our deliveries inward and ones we send to customers but there is so much more you can do to make it more efficient , deliveries that are still on route to the top of our lists , enable dates and times , also make it an option to track international deliveries ,as quite a few of your customers myself included have deliveries coming from out side of the UK , it’s frustrating that you can’t do that even on your international tracker section !! it says number not known even if you copy and paste it in !! But other wise it’s great !!!!
At last, a Royal Mail tracking app!
It’s been a long frustrating wait for an app to track Royal Mail deliveries. And now it’s here, it’s actually quite good - simple and easy to use. Good that you can scan the barcode on a label to add a delivery to the tracker. One big niggle: please sort the deliveries by date, and put the ones that are still en route at the top. At the moment it’s a bit haphazard. And some alerts options might be good too. But on the whole, not bad at all.
It needs to:
1.Give notifications for events like "out for delivery" and when it's delivered.
2.Automatically add tracking for packages bought online if you register a number or email, like the dpd app.
3.let you specify delivery instructions like a safe place (let us upload a photo of it) and directions to your house e.g. a photo and/or pinpointing your house on a map to help with locating your house.
4.allow login through touch/face id.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback. We aim to provide new features regularly and I’m happy to say that we’re already working on most of the ideas you’ve mentioned. However, when you log into the app, you should remain logged in to provide a better customer experience. If this isn’t happening for you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll look into it.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.