Ruler and Compass Geometry is for teachers and high school mathematics students whose course includes the study of geometrical constructions using a straight edge, compass and angle measurer.
This app is perfect for demonstrating or practising geometrical constructions such as perpendicular bisector, angle bisector, or answering a range of problems that involve these.
1) Easy to use interactive ruler and pencil, adjustable compass with pencil, and angle measurer.
2) Easy to use controls allow the tools to be moved and rotated easily around the screen before using them to construct answers.
3) Choose to use a blank canvas to create your own constructions or try the 32 built in questions to demonstrate and practise your skills.
4) Answers that you construct for the 32 built in questions are marked within the app. giving immediate feedback to the user.
5) All diagrams are saved automatically and can be easily reset to use again and again.
6) Short videos to show how to do basic constructions such as a perpendicular bisector or angle bisector are included.
Ratings and Reviews
Used by a tutor for GCSE Maths
You need a real compass and paper as well but this aids learning, for sure. All my students picked it up easy enough and enjoyed doing it on the iPad after we'd done the normal 'physica' way first. The transformations app these folks do is another good one. I set both as homework and they like it. Explaining it to their parents beds the knowledge in I find.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.