Run An Empire - The Strategy Running Game
By Location Games Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Run An Empire is a strategy running game that takes place in the real world around you. Conquer lands in the name of your empire by running (or jogging or walking) around them.
Unleash your inner warrior in a race against friends and neighbours to rule the greatest empire of all time! Run An Empire combines the careful planning of a strategy game with physical location and movement.
- Capture unclaimed lands by running around them
- Expand your borders (and your gold stores) by raiding neighbouring territories
- Reinforce your empire against local adversaries
- Put your territories to work and harvest coins from the land
- Design your own heraldic shield
- Keep a log of all your raiding runs
Run An Empire is not just for gifted athletes. Most importantly, strategy and determination are needed to be victorious.
Fast Company: “Run An Empire challenges you to conquer territory and defend it from rivals, rather like the classic strategy game Risk.”
Polygon: “Run An Empire offers mobile gamers the opportunity to turn their local neighborhood into their own fiefdom.”
Runner’s World: “Level up your running with a new app that brings tactical gaming to the real world.”
This version is currently for New Zealand and United Kingdom
- Please note that iPhone 4s is not supported
- A network connection and GPS are required to play
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
Are you having issues with the game? Visit http://runanempire.zendesk.com/hc/en-us for help
USER CONTENT GUIDELINES
END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
What's New in Version 1.9.1
- New grid view for choosing shield quadrants
- Add your height, weight, age, gender and activity level to your account
- Improvements to the way cheat detection works
- Bug fixes
Brilliant fitness and strategy
Clever mix of walking or running and planning the next attack! If you are a little competitive, you will love this. And it makes me walk/run further more often.
Gets me out of my office and running about, as I'm trying to keep ahead of the other runners near me.
I'm losing (the battle and several kilos).
Rule your patch of London
Good fun in a straightforward way, if you get satisfaction from pretending to conquer land. Walk or run (ideally in a loop) to turn the map your colour. Looking forward to more features!