Runkeeper - Track Running with GPS
By FitnessKeeper, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Everyone. Every run. Join the community that helps people get out the door and stick with running forever! Track exercise, set goals, sweat, and see progress along the way. Whether you’re working your way up to tracking a 5K goal or deep into marathon training, use the GPS app trusted by 50 million users and counting.
- "This multifunctional app has something for everyone, from beginning runners to those training for a marathon, and folks who prefer to hit the road on two wheels” - SELF
- "Runkeeper is the granddaddy of running apps; it's one of the oldest and most popular, for plenty of good reasons." - CNET
- Track Workouts - Go for a run, walk, jog, bike, or any activity really. With GPS, you’ll get a clear view of your training in real time.
- Set Goals - Have a race, weight, or pace in mind? We can coach you to get there.
- Follow a Plan - We have personalized routines to fit into your busy schedule. And helpful reminders, just in case.
- Stay Motivated - Join challenges, snag exercise rewards, and share achievements with your friends.
- See Progress - This whole running thing works. You track it. We log it. You’ll see the sweat and we’ll show you the numbers to prove it!
- Apple Watch - Leave your phone at home and still track stats to stay informed and motivated. Named App Store Best of 2015.
- Bluetooth Connectivity - Wireless headphones and heart rate monitors make great workout companions.
- Fitness Tracker Integration - Sync Pebble, Fitbit, and other styles in seconds.
- Running Groups - Create a custom challenge, invite friends, track each other’s progress, and use the chat to cheer each other on.
- Audio Cues - Choose from 6 motivating voices that you can customize to relay your pace, distance, and time.
- Training Plans - Make major progress by following a plan. We’ll be here for you every step of the way.
- Routes - Save, discover, and build new routes with GPS.
- Challenges - Stay motivated with exclusive workout experiences and rewards.
- Music - Keep moving with the music you love with our Spotify and iTunes integration.
- Partner Apps - Connect with other top health apps like Fitbit, MyFitnessPal, and more.
- Stopwatch Mode - Easily add indoor cardio (treadmill, cycling) and gym workouts to keep full exercise log all in one place.
- Social Sharing - Upload your activities and more with your friends on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
RUNKEEPER GO (premium)
- Prescribed Workouts - Get a weekly workout schedule tailored to you.
- Progress Insights - See how your runs stack up to each other and get a full view of your fitness journey.
- Live Tracking - Whether it’s training day or race day, share your location with family and friends.
- Weather Data - Look back the local weather for each tracked activity.
*Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 7.6.1
Just like your fitness journey, we’re improving every day. This time, we made some bug fixes to make your Runkeeper experience even better.
Buggy especially when using with Apple Watch 2
Seems a very rushed implementation to support the Apple Watch 2. This app has potential but be aware that at the moment it's alpha and not even beta ready so I cannot recommend this app at this point in time.
I've been using these sorts of apps now for a year and a half and very unimpressed thus far. My first run refused to track and required a full reinstall of the app on both my phone and watch. Second run tracked ok, but when I exported data into other services the times and distance were different suggesting that the app does not write out the data 100% correctly (I found the resulting GPX file had different time stamps, but support team tried to blame this on GPX as a format which for anyone who understands XML will know this is false). My third run tracked time and distance correctly but GPS track was very very strange. My pace went from 18"00' up to an incredible 1"00 so something was definitely not right (apparently according to support this is a bug).
All in all despite paying for the app, I now regret doing so. Can't wait for Strava to sort themselves out, although I hope they leave sufficient time for testing! I'd prefer less features but reliability as well as data exportability.
Fantastic app - the free version does everything you need to plan and track a run, and integrates well with your music. The various different 'voices' are great for keeping you on track in the middle of a run, and are fully customisable - so you can have them spurring you on every few seconds if you want to! Good stuff.
The original and the best
I've used Runkeeper in various versions over the years and it is just so good. I've never paid for the full version but even without it I can track runs, get updates on the go, reminders, playlist syncing and more.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: 16 December 2016
- Version: 7.6.1
- Size: 102 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Developer: RunKeeper, LLC
- © FitnessKeeper, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Runkeeper Go£7.99
- Runkeeper Go£29.99
- RunKeeper Elite£7.99
- RunKeeper Elite£29.99
- Advanced training program to help accomplish fitness goals. £14.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan£7.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan£10.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan£18.99
- RunKeeper training Plan£22.99