RunKeeper - GPS Running, Walk, Cycling, Workout and Weight Tracker
By FitnessKeeper, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Track your pace, measure workout distance, chart weight loss, crush training goals and more with LifeHacker’s 2012 Best Running App! RunKeeper is the simplest way to improve fitness, whether you’re just deciding to get off the couch for a 5k, biking every day, or deep into marathon training.
Track your runs, walks, bike rides, training workouts and all of the other fitness activities using the GPS in your iPhone.
○ Calculate running pace, cycling speed, route distance, elevation and calorie burn for any fitness activity - in high accuracy and real time!
○ Find and follow pre-planned routes and see your location route on a map
○ Follow training plan workouts or create your own with audio coaching
○ Get audio updates while you work out about your total mileage, calorie count, pace, speed, mileage
○ Sync your Bluetooth Smart or ANT+ heart rate monitor (such as Wahoo Blue HR, Polar H7, Garmin HRM, and many others) to track your heart rate and stay in heart rate zones
○ Use your iPhone 5s to track cadence and steps
○ Use your Pebble smart watch to track all your stats, right on your wrist!
○ RunKeeper automatically integrates with your phone’s music app
○ Easily add your indoor cardio (treadmill, elliptical) and gym workouts (Yoga, Crossfit)
RunKeeper is the training app for all skill levels
○ Find and follow Run/Walk training plans as a beginner
○ Get coached with 10k, Half Marathon and Full Marathon training plans for more advanced runners built by renowned coaches like Jeff Galloway
○ Train for weight loss with “running for fat loss” plans by Mike Diebler
○ View entire training calendar directly in the app, and get coached through each workout while you run with audio cues
Sync Runkeeper.com with the best fitness apps you’re all ready using for nutrition, sleep monitoring, weight, step tracking, calorie counting and getting rewards. RunKeeper works great with:
○ MyFitnessPal calorie tracking app
○ Fitbit activity monitoring devices
○ Garmin Forerunner GPS watches and Garmin Connect
○ Withings wifi scales
○ Sleep Cycle app
○ Hundreds of other apps and devices like, Lose it!, Jawbone Up, GymPact, Earnedit, Fitocracy, Zombies Run, Gym Hero, pedometers and more!
Set fitness goals and track your progress over time
○ Set goals to run a half marathon, lose weight, complete a total distance or set a personal record
○ Chart your progress, and see a full log of all your past goals
○ Compare Workouts: Automatically rank similar workouts and compare pace and elevation between them. See improvements over time with Insights!
○ Premium Training Plans: Take advantage of premium training plans that show you what workouts you need to do each week to improve and stay on track towards achieving your goals
○ Personalized Guidance with Goal Coach: Goal Coach will help you understand what you’re trying to achieve and create a training plan that’s perfect for you. Encouragement and suggestions along the way help keep you on track.
○ Live Activity Tracking: Share your current activity in real time
○ Ad-Free Experience
Subscriptions for RunKeeper Elite are $9.99 per month or $39.99 for a full year. RunKeeper Elite subscriptions will be charged to your iTunes account after your confirmation of purchase. Your monthly subscription will automatically renew each month and be charged through your iTunes account, yearly subscriptions will automatically renew each year. Subscriptions renew at $9.99 per month or $39.99 for a full year automatically unless cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings. Cancellation of the current active subscription period is not allowed.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 5.6
Bug Fixes and Improvements
Removing features to try and make money!
I'm just updating my review from a 5 star to a 1!
I've always loved this app and it's been the best running app out there but not any longer. Runkeeper has now got to the stage where they realise no one is buying their elite membership so in an effort to encourage people to pay the ridiculously high fee they're ruining the free version.
Update 12th May 2015 - 'Bug fixes and improvements'
NONSENSE! It's not improved! You've removed features such as the graph showing distance run per month over the last few years. You've done this to try and get me to pay an obscene amount to get it back. It's not gonna happen and I'll just move to a better free app like s-t-r-a-v-a!!
Runkeeper, Stop this!!! You have a great app and a great support team but if you keep removing content to try and make us pay you'll just ruin everything!
People years ago paid for this app over the free version expecting a good app. You're now just destroying it. You have a great product but your monthly fee is obscene for a basic fitness app and you're going to lose customers this way! If it was more like £1 a month I'm sure everyone would pay but you're having a laugh! I'm really not happy. I've recommended runkeeper for years to everyone as the best running app. Not any more!!!! It's ruined!!!
Includes warmup & cool down time/distance in your run stats
Great app which I use regularly and love!
One small issue is that if you have the warmup and/or cool down options selected as part of your workout, it includes the time and distance for them in the stats for your workout. If you're doing a 5 km run and the voice-over tells you you've gone 4.9 km you might think you're nearly done, but if you did a 500m warmup walk then you actually still have over half a kilometre left to run.
That can be a little disheartening & I would love to see it fixed. It's a relatively minor point against an otherwise excellent app though!
I'm a big runner/fitness person. I use this app at all times and it's much better than the costly alternative. (GPS watch) which I've had. And trust me it's no better or different than this app on your phone. Get yourself an arm strap to hold your phone and off you go!! Top app. One problem! The app seems to not upload properly after 5 mile point. Or maybe it's just a coincidence. It's not a massive issue as I'm not fussed about other people seeing it but having said that I do sometimes share as a comparison to other people's runs/ like beating them. Some small glitches here and there recently but hopefully they'll be rectified.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: 11 May 2015
- Version: 5.6
- Size: 54.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Developer: RunKeeper, LLC
- © FitnessKeeper, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- RunKeeper Elite£7.99
- RunKeeper Elite£29.99
- RunKeeper Elite£29.99
- RunKeeper Elite£7.99
- Advanced training program to help accomplish fitness goals. £14.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan£7.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan£10.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan£18.99
- RunKeeper training Plan£22.99