Runkeeper - Track Running with GPS
By FitnessKeeper, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Everyone. Every run. Join the community that helps people get out the door and stick with running forever! Track exercise, set goals, sweat, and see progress along the way. Whether you’re working your way up to tracking a 5K goal or deep into marathon training, use the GPS app trusted by 50 million users and counting.
- "This multifunctional app has something for everyone, from beginning runners to those training for a marathon, and folks who prefer to hit the road on two wheels” - SELF
- "Runkeeper is the granddaddy of running apps; it's one of the oldest and most popular, for plenty of good reasons." - CNET
- Track Workouts - Go for a run, walk, jog, bike, or any activity really. With GPS, you’ll get a clear view of your training in real time.
- Set Goals - Have a race, weight, or pace in mind? We can coach you to get there.
- Follow a Plan - We have personalized routines to fit into your busy schedule. And helpful reminders, just in case.
- Stay Motivated - Join challenges, snag exercise rewards, and share achievements with your friends.
- See Progress - This whole running thing works. You track it. We log it. You’ll see the sweat and we’ll show you the numbers to prove it!
- Apple Watch - Leave your phone at home and still track stats to stay informed and motivated. Named App Store Best of 2015.
- Bluetooth Connectivity - Wireless headphones and heart rate monitors make great workout companions.
- Fitness Tracker Integration - Sync Pebble, Fitbit, and other styles in seconds.
- Running Groups - Create a custom challenge, invite friends, track each other’s progress, and use the chat to cheer each other on.
- Audio Cues - Choose from 6 motivating voices that you can customize to relay your pace, distance, and time.
- Training Plans - Make major progress by following a plan. We’ll be here for you every step of the way.
- Routes - Save, discover, and build new routes with GPS.
- Challenges - Stay motivated with exclusive workout experiences and rewards.
- Music - Keep moving with the music you love with our Spotify and iTunes integration.
- Partner Apps - Connect with other top health apps like Fitbit, MyFitnessPal, and more.
- Stopwatch Mode - Easily add indoor cardio (treadmill, cycling) and gym workouts to keep full exercise log all in one place.
- Social Sharing - Upload your activities and more with your friends on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
RUNKEEPER GO (premium)
- Prescribed Workouts - Get a weekly workout schedule tailored to you.
- Progress Insights - See how your runs stack up to each other and get a full view of your fitness journey.
- Live Tracking - Whether it’s training day or race day, share your location with family and friends.
- Weather Data - Look back the local weather for each tracked activity.
*Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 7.8.1
Just like your fitness journey, we’re improving every day. This time, we made some bug fixes to make your Runkeeper experience even better.
Runkeeper keeps on improving - me... not so much!
I moved over to Runkeeper after being an early adopter of the Nike+ concept. I had a few issues at first and over the years Runkeeper has had a couple of glitches. That said, over the past 12 months I don't think I've had any problems and the app as it is today is fantastic.
Will it motivate you to get out and run? Well, it's doing its best to with the many challenges and goals to spur you on. I have the paid app, which is a little pricey but to be able compare your runs and therefore your progress personally works for me. My progress is slower that I'd really like but it's clear that my times are faster and my distances are building. Living in a city with it's fair share of hills, I also love the elevation feature.
An all round excellent app, easy to use and reliable which is clearly not resting on its laurels and keeps developing. Thanks you Bostonian guys!
Good but not great
I've been using runkeeper for several years (albeit my running habit is far from regular). What keeps me is it has my history. The app is ok but nothing special/different about it. Plus it infuriates me that comparing a training run is far too hard. The list of activities shows distance & time but there's no way to see the name of the run or where it was. Given RK measures the same route slightly differently, finding a previous run/route is far too hard. Still looking...
ps RunKeeper I was going to send you this feedback directly but your app gives no option apart from asking to leave a review
Brilliant app - I use it every day. Does exactly what it says.
Two requests for improvements:
1) Link to Apple Health to record data
2) Make it easier / quicker to change between activities e.g. Cycle / Run on the go instead of having to stop, save, and go through all the settings again. Also quick access to Start would be helpful. Why does it always default to taking you to the friends menu before and after every activity?
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: 10 February 2017
- Version: 7.8.1
- Size: 105 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Developer: RunKeeper, LLC
- © FitnessKeeper, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Runkeeper Go£7.99
- Runkeeper Go£29.99
- RunKeeper Elite£9.99
- RunKeeper Elite£38.99
- Advanced training program to help accomplish fitness goals. £19.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan£9.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan£14.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan£23.99
- RunKeeper training Plan£28.99