The Runtastic Mountain Bike app turns your iPhone into a multifunctional GPS cycling computer! Whether you’re on your favorite trails or exploring new routes while enjoying the mountain scenery, Runtastic Mountain Bike is your perfect companion. Track your rides, tours and trails with your iPhone, monitor your training progress and compare your performance with your friends’! Become a part of the Runtastic Community with millions of users today.
APP FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Track MTB tours via GPS: Duration, distance, elevation gain, pace, calories burned, etc.
- Voice Coach: Keeps you posted on speed, distance, elevation gain, etc.
- LIVE Tracking: Track your trails in real time & show friends your current location
- Browse & search thousands of mountain bike routes (available in the app & on Runtastic.com)
- Colored Traces (speed, elevation, climb rate, heart rate, etc.)
- Configure maps: Apple Maps, Open Cycle Map, Open Street Map
- Offline maps: Download & save maps to your iPhone to use them without internet connection
- Split Tables: Analysis of each split of your mountain bike trek
- Auto Pause: No need to manually stop & start activities during short breaks (with Runtastic Speed & Cadence Sensor)
- Display your current rate of climb during a tour (elevation gain/minute)
- Show current grade in %
- Detailed post-tour analysis incl. time rode uphill, downhill, flat
- Music: Create a playlist for your tours & activate your Powersong to boost motivation!
- Cadence measurement (with Runtastic Speed & Cadence Sensor)
- Heart rate measurement (with additional hardware)
- Configure your display: You choose which values (distance, speed, elevation gain, calories burned, etc.) are shown during your rides
- Provides info on wind & weather conditions
- Save your MTB activities on Runtastic.com
- Share your mountain bike activities on Facebook, Twitter and via email
Whether you’re a beginner or a professional bike athlete, this app has everything a MTB rider could wish for!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Runtastic Terms & Conditions: https://www.runtastic.com/in-app/iphone/appstore/terms
To make sure the app is fully functioning for you, we
- fixed a few minor bugs
- improved the app’s stability
Ratings and Reviews
User to be good! Now looking at other options.
I have used Runtastic MTB Pro since June 2014. It has always been a great tool. Tracks my rides, I can get the phone out if directions are required and even follow GPX routes. I use a heart rate monitor, open cycle maps off line and voice announcements.
However recent updates have made this app unreliable. In the last 3-4 months the app has crashed several times giving me no data and a couple of rides where I only get 3 waypoints (so a triangle) rather than and details of the ride.
I am using a IPhone 7 Plus with the latest updates (not IOS 11 though).
I am now looking for alternatives app/product as this is not reliable enough for me.
Measures ft instead if m
Own the app since 2013 - at some point between now and then it measures ft instead of meters for elevation - even though the app is set to use metric - a tracking app that can’t track properly - its like a car with no wheels - how did this get through testing?
Also, a couple of updates ago they made a change to the layout - the start / finish button is now half hidden on iPhone X - again, how can anyone say that is a quality product, its ok to release it like that to the customer?!
If u can’t get urself to do it properly than why on earth don’t u close down?
I’ve been using this app for a few years now. Initially it was a great tool to discover new trails around my local area, or to get me out of sticky navigation issues. The maps are pretty decent. BUT, tracking your ride has now got so bad I feel inclined to review this app. The tracking system use to be really reliable but now it’s crap. It stops, pauses for no reason no rides. It’s doing my nut. I’ve turned to the dark side and have begun to use Strava instead which is a shame really because this app used to be brilliant.
- 63.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © runtastic GmbH
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.