By Airbox Aerospace Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
RunwayHD is a sophisticated planning and navigation tool for VFR flying which you can unlock for flight with your Airbox chart subscription*.
Runway HD features:
• Very fast moving map display.
• Grab and drag routes for rapid route planning.
• Always fly with the chart you are most familiar with. Download charts of anywhere in the world to your iPad. Choices include national aviation (ICAO) charts and privately created charts such as Bossy for France and Portolano for Italy (for a full list, please see our website).
• Vector charts available free of charge anywhere in the world which declutter as you zoom out and text rotates as you turn.
• Google Maps in-app integration; perfect for planning approaches.
• >30,000 free vector geo-referenced airfields
• In-flight navigation (requires Navigation/GPS subscription).
• Make perfect approaches every time with detailed approach plates now available for many countries.
• Full airport information.
• Detailed weather displayed on the map (TAF, METAR, rain radar (Europe), winds aloft.
• Visual NOTAM display and active download.
• Side profile including airspace and terrain.
• On-screen ruler for estimating distance and time between points.
• Scratch pad for writing important information directly onto the iPad.
• Automatic flight logging including ability to show flown tracks on the map.
• Dynamic map positioning to show maximum view of way ahead.
• Full integration with RocketRoute to allow flight plan filing direct from the app.
• Create custom points of interest.
* Each Airbox subscription is valid for use on up to 2 devices.
What's New in Version 3.5.1
Fixed "Preparing World ..." dashboard local weather bug where user's locale is not English
Fixed wind direction display on dashboard (arrow now pointing where wind blows)
Fixed Red Arrows Formation Transit Notam display issue
Fixed Route briefing required steer heading calculation error.
Fixed crashes on iOS 7 and 8 if user drags tiles on the dashboard
What a superb system, brilliant it uses Official Charts, which help navigation if a flat battery or IPad crash happens. It flows and two many functions for me to describe. Have used it in planning and flying trips all around the UK, but makes my French forays so easy and comfortable. Any hiccups I have had have been answered promptly and queries dealt with almost immediately, what more can one ask for rate it 10 out of 10
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 01 July 2016
- Version: 3.5.1
- Size: 315 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Airbox Aerospace Ltd
- © 2016 Airbox Aerospace Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Vector Europe with GPS £54.99
- CAA 500k South£21.99
- Pooleys Flight Guide£26.99
- Ordnance Survey 50k South£32.99
- CAA 500k All Charts£54.99
- CAA 500k Full UK with Navigation£109.99
- IGN 500k France£39.99
- CAA 50k London Heli Routes£39.99
- UK CAA 500k South with Pooleys & GPS£84.99
- CAA 250k All Charts with GPS Subscription£159.99