By Airbox Aerospace Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
RunwayHD is a sophisticated planning and navigation tool for VFR flying which you can unlock for flight with your Airbox chart subscription*.
Runway HD features:
• Very fast moving map display.
• Grab and drag routes for rapid route planning.
• Always fly with the chart you are most familiar with. Download charts of anywhere in the world to your iPad. Choices include national aviation (ICAO) charts and privately created charts such as Bossy for France and Portolano for Italy (for a full list, please see our website).
• Vector charts available free of charge anywhere in the world which declutter as you zoom out and text rotates as you turn.
• Google Maps in-app integration; perfect for planning approaches.
• >30,000 free vector geo-referenced airfields
• In-flight navigation (requires Navigation/GPS subscription).
• Make perfect approaches every time with detailed approach plates now available for many countries.
• Full airport information.
• Detailed weather displayed on the map (TAF, METAR, rain radar (Europe), winds aloft.
• Visual NOTAM display and active download.
• Side profile including airspace and terrain.
• On-screen ruler for estimating distance and time between points.
• Scratch pad for writing important information directly onto the iPad.
• Automatic flight logging including ability to show flown tracks on the map.
• Dynamic map positioning to show maximum view of way ahead.
• Full integration with RocketRoute to allow flight plan filing direct from the app.
• Create custom points of interest.
* Each Airbox subscription is valid for use on up to 2 devices.
* Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 3.6.1
Bugfixes for start-up crash and Scratch Pad
Best flight planning and navigation tool
I have been using RunwayHD for well over a year, and during that time have used it as my primary navigation tool when touring the UK. It is easy to use, and also puts all of the information you need for flight planning and navigation in one easy application. I believe it is the best package available on the market, particularly for the General Aviation community. When I demonstrate it's capabilities to friends and students they are often amazed, and few resist the urge to buy it!
A great flying app
I have been using RunwayHD for about 3 years now and It makes navigating a doddle. Having the OS50 charts in the lower level is very useful especially if your curious to know the name of some small village or country estate your flying over. Free flight plan filings via Rocket route seems to work well on the few occasions I've had to file one. I know there are other good flying apps out there but I'm very happy with RunwayHD.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 05 December 2016
- Version: 3.6.1
- Size: 889 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Airbox Aerospace Ltd
- © 2016 Airbox Aerospace Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Vector Europe with GPS £54.99
- CAA 500k South£21.99
- Pooleys Flight Guide£26.99
- Ordnance Survey 50k South£32.99
- CAA 500k Full UK with Navigation£109.99
- CAA 500k All Charts£54.99
- IGN 500k France£39.99
- UK CAA 500k South with Pooleys & GPS£84.99
- CAA 50k London Heli Routes£39.99
- CAA 250k All Charts with GPS Subscription£159.99