Welcome our guests to the Rusty Lake Hotel and make sure they will have a pleasant stay. There will be 5 dinners this week. Make sure every dinner is worth dying for.
Rusty Lake Hotel is a mysterious point and click game developed by the creators of the Cube Escape series.
- Pick-up-and-play: easy to start, but it will be hard to put down
- Tons of puzzles: a total of 6 rooms full of unique and various brain teasers
- Thrilling and engaging story: there will be 5 dinners with intriguing guests and staff
- Full of suspense and atmosphere: Rusty Lake Hotel is a surreal place, where anything can happen…
- Impressive soundtrack: every room has its own designed theme song
- Achievements: an all-time gallery you never seen before
Tap on the arrows to navigate inside the rooms and lobby.
Interact with guests, staff and objects by tapping.
Select found items in your inventory and tap somewhere on screen to use them.
We will unfold the Rusty Lake story one step at a time. So check RustyLake.com every day for new content and follow us: @rustylakecom.
- New icon
- Small bug fix for the radio in Mrs. Pigeon's room
Ratings and Reviews
Strange...why? Because this paid version isn't quite as good as the free Rusty Lake Cube series.
True, there's 5 rooms to visit in this version (you can't really count the final room - Mr Owl's room - because it simply completes the story and doesn't do much else) but there's about 6 free versions which you can work through and which are more 'scary' than this paid-for version.
Also, there's a number of silly spelling mistakes in the text. I'm guessing that English isn't the developers first language and it's excusable when the app is free, but, when you pay for it, you have an expectation that it would be checked thoroughly before release.
Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad game, it's quite enjoyable but you do end up wondering why you paid for it when all the others (which are slightly better) are free. Perhaps the developers haven't done themselves any favours by releasing so many free apps.
Recommendation? Download the free Rusty Lake Cube series. You might want to purchase this afterwards - and perhaps you should if only as a thank you to the developers for giving so much away for free.
Something wrong here
Have to agree this game is disappointing after the cube series. I found the format frustrating as you cannot save and was forced to restart from the beginning several times. I concluded that the game has bugs as it did a few strange things such as going completely dark and unresponsive. Also it did not give me some of the ingredients to indicate the sequence and this is important to complete the game as intended. Overall I was less than impressed with this paid for experience and hope the next ones are an improvement.
These Devs have essentially given us 9 amazing games for the price of £1.49, it puts many other games on the App Store to shame. A big heartfelt thank you from me. You managed to create a unique/surreal experience with just the right amount of darkness. I don't feel I have the right to ask for more but as long as you keep creating il keep downloading!
- Rusty Lake B.V.
- 45.3 MB
- Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Rusty Lake B.V.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.