By Royal Yachting Association
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
We have enhanced our digital editions (where possible) to bring the content to life by embedding animations, video and interactive tools to help illustrate the key points and skills from our popular books; download this free app to gain access to all of the eBook editions within. The app also includes free taster versions of the eBooks so you can even try before you buy.
These eBooks are a great resource supporting our world famous RYA Training Courses such as those within the trademark RYA Yachtmaster Scheme, the RYA Powerboat Scheme and the RYA Dinghy Sailing & Windsurfing Schemes among others. You will find eBooks of essential and recommended titles along with plenty of further reading and development, whether you’re starting to sail by taking a Competent Crew course, taking things further with a Day Skipper course or taking your RYA Yachtmaster exam – whatever you need, we’ve got it covered!
There are great examples throughout our range of our use of interactive content in areas such as seamanship, boat handling, passage planning, knots and stability but you’ll find something very special in our editions for:
• Collision Regulations – where we've developed over twenty interactive 360° lights and shapes tool to provide readers a more realistic way of viewing how vessels will actually present themselves in a wide variety of contexts, at four different times of day covering both day and night.
• VHF – where we’ve created animated examples of the voice procedures in the RYA VHF Handbook and also linked the content to sample questions to help students pass the RYA SRC exam.
• Navigation – where we’ve developed a special tool to replicate using the tidal curves in the RYA Training Almanacs to help students taking shorebased navigation courses.
Although these eBooks are designed for tablets, we’re still keeping smart phones very much in mind. This way, you’ll still be able to access the enhanced interactive content on the smaller devices even if you feel you wouldn't read a book on something so small.
There’s plenty for instructors as well with not only the interactive content, that can be used as demonstrations and enhanced learning on and off the water. There are also a whole host of useful features, (which we’re always evolving) such as bookmarking, note taking and inter-edition linking that will help you manage the content you want to support the way you teach.
This updated version of the app now includes a wider range of boating categories to make it easier for you to navigate all the new content that we are regularly adding:
• Sail Racing
• Sail Cruising
• Motor Cruising
• Personal Watercraft
• Inland Waterways
What's New in Version 15.0
- Minor branding update to the welcome page
- Category: Books
- Updated: 27 October 2016
- Version: 15.0
- Size: 74.6 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Royal Yachting Association
- © The Royal Yachting Association 2016 YUDU Ltd 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Start Powerboating (E-G48)£10.99
- VHF Handbook (E-G31)£15.99
- Comp Crew Skills (E-CCPCN)£12.99
- Day Skipper Shorebased (E-DSN)£12.99
- Yachtmaster Handbook (E-G70)£18.99
- Navigation Handbook (E-G6)£17.99
- Diesel Engine (E-G25)£18.99
- Collision Regulations (E-G2)£13.99
- VHF Syllabus & Questions (E-G26)£6.99
- Advanced Sailing (E-G12)£11.99