Safari offers technology and business professionals unlimited access to a huge library of the most relevant books, videos, training courses, audiobooks, certification study guides and conferences. Remarkable careers are built on the knowledge gained from our huge catalog, and new ideas and interests are nurtured.
Safari Queue is the app that lets you take our huge collection wherever you go:
- Download as many books and videos as you can squeeze onto your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, to read offline or online
- Start reading on one device and pick up where you left on another, with effortless syncing of highlights and position.
- Adjust text display for comfort, with font-size controls and ‘night mode’.
- Search the catalog for new books and videos to add to your queue, and keep up to date with our stream of the most recently-added content
- Control the app with an external keyboard
Please note that to use this application you must have an active Safari account created after July 2014. If you are a Safari Books Online customer who joined before July 2014, please use our Safari To Go app, also available in the App Store.
• The app was a bit too aggressive in determining whether or not an expired title still belonged in your library. This release reins those checks in and only expires the content if there is a 100% chance it is gone.
• Missing closed captions on videos? This release brings them back.
• Continued bug hunt to address crashes when loading up your playlists or downloads screens.
Ratings and Reviews
Great resource, mostly works will
This has improved since I used it two years ago. Pleased to see you can now browse the complete book catalogue and add to your library from the app. Also search within documents.
However, I’m dropping a star due to a quite serious bug: internal links don’t work. Internal links are used e.g. from the contents page, or to reference equations and definitions. The developers are apparently aware, I’m surprised it’s taking so long to fix.
The library of material is excellent with a huge variety of titles covering technology and business. Particularly like the capability to download and use offline, as I mostly use it on my daily commute where internet is poor. Additional of audio and video material has also given me a nice mix of options depending on what I feel up to.
No page turn option
The app forces you to endlessly scroll down the page making you feel like you are reading an article instead of implementing page turning like a kindle or iBooks. Makes for a bad reading experience. Could we please have the option?
Other than that it is a very useful app.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.