Safeguarding adults involves taking steps to reduce the risk of harm to adults resulting from abuse and neglect. Safeguarding is everybody’s business.
Abuse can take many forms. It is therefore imperative that all NHS providers work in partnership and take steps to reduce the risk of harm to adults.
The NHS plays an important role in promoting and maintaining the health and well-being of all. Abuse thrives on secrecy, so communication between professional agencies is key.
This Safeguarding Adults App is a “must have” for healthcare staff working within Derby and Derbyshire. The App provides a wealth of vital information to assist all NHS staff in understanding their roles and responsibilities when safeguarding adults from abusive behaviour and practice. It also helps staff who provide care and support to adults in non-NHS settings to understand the principles of safeguarding adults and best practice.
The Safeguarding Adults App includes up to date information about:
• The categories of abuse
• Hate crime
• The principles of safeguarding adults
• Making Safeguarding Personal (MSP)
• What to do if you have a concern about an adult at risk
• How to share information in the right way
• Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE)
• Adult trafficking / modern slavery
• Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
• The Government’s Prevent strategy, and Channel
The Safeguarding Adults App also uses innovative swipe card technology to guide you through a series of decision referral pathways for health, making it easier to recognise risk and know what to do next. The referral pathways include:
▪ Safeguarding adults
▪ Domestic abuse
▪ Mental Capacity Act 2005
As well as practical information relating to safeguarding, the App contains a complete list of essential contact details for Derby and Derbyshire staff and links to local policies and national guidance.
- Andrew Alonzi Limited
- 12.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2016 Andrew Alonzi Limited
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.