SampleTank 2 for iOS is a professional, fully featured mobile sound and groove workstation that brings the sound, power and features of desktop virtual instruments to your iPad and iPhone — without compromise. It is designed for professional live performance, song composition and puts a comprehensive array of world-class instruments, sounds and patterns right at your fingertips.
SampleTank gives you 8 multitimbral instrument slots that you can easily layer or split. Choose from a comprehensive, expandable sound collection that covers virtually every acoustic and electronic sound imaginable. Plus, each instrument category includes instrument riffs and grooves so you can start composing and playing in no time.
The included instruments and the new sound engine are derived from the desktop version of SampleTank, IK's flagship workstation, offering you unmatched realism, variety of sound and audio performance. For the first time on iOS, thousands of professional sample-based sounds and patterns can be easily accessed, layered and used for playing live or in the studio.
SampleTank 2 comes with over 140 instruments and 1,000 patterns including pianos, electric pianos, synths, organs, drums, basses, guitars, strings, brass, woodwinds, voices, ethnic instruments, percussion and sound FX.
What’s more, SampleTank offers an ever-growing library of sounds and are available via in-app purchase:
• Elektronika - a series of electronica and EDM-oriented groove libraries and sound collections that make it easy to create hits in today’s most popular styles
• Miroslav Philharmonik — the legendary orchestral libraries, now available on your mobile device! Stunningly realistic and expressive samples of a wide range of orchestra and percussion instruments.
• SampleTank PRO - the latest and most high-end sounds and grooves available, letting you create professional-grade compositions on your mobile device
• Plus additional libraries covering cinematic sounds, the finest pianos, drum libraries from iconic drummers and much more!
SampleTank for iOS offers over 2,300 instruments and over 1,200 MIDI patterns — the largest collection of sounds available for any virtual instrument for iOS.
• 8-part multitimbral professional quality sound and groove module
• Expandable sound library with 2300+ instrument
• Over 1,200 melodic and rhythmic patterns
• 8-track MIDI recorder with audio export
• Totally redesigned intuitive interface
• New sound engine derived from SampleTank 3 for Mac/PC
• Zones feature lets you easily create splits & layers on your controller
• Song and Live environments for composing and playing
• Built-in insert effects and master reverb
• MIDI learn feature makes programming external controllers easy
• Plug-and-play compatibility with iRig interfaces and controller
• Polyphony: up to 64 voices on new Apple devices
- Fixes possibile crashes on devices with iOS 12 or above.
- General reliability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Useful app, deeply unappealing brand...
Do the team behind this app have no idea how inappropriate pop-up ads are in an app that may be used in live performance? I bet a bunch of them do realise, but have to kow-tow to some tiresome blowhard who does not.
The good points:
This now offers eight voices each with its own assignable MIDI channel. I've not yet done much with this updated version but am very pleased to see the improvements.
There is also 'bubble' help which can be toggled on and off (it adds context-sensitive labels to the controls).
BTW, the MIDI channel and Bubble Help options are activated by icons at the very top left of the screen.
There are very few options on iOS for analogue instrument sound modules. I've triggered this using other apps and also using an external keyboard. It has worked fine and has not crashed.
The MIDI facilities are a mixed bag: you can control instrument parameters via MIDI learn, which is excellent, but there is no facility to choose MIDI input source beyond simply channels 1-16/omni: you cannot specify a MIDI source or exclude one, other than by putting the app on an exclusive channel or channels.
Audio output options are limited to a single stereo bus.
A good usable product, potentially a great one, but a developer who seems to have an exceptional flair for seeming uncaring and unresponsive: the brand has come to signify more negatively to me than that of any other developer. And those ads are so contemptible...
Great sounds totally unreliable.
I've had this app for some years. It was originally good but soon started glitching sounds wouldn't play, sounds would not stop playing and play over the top of other sounds then ultimately it will freeze.. sometimes a restart would help which in itself is totally unacceptable for a paid app but more often I could only get it to work again all but briefly when deleted and reinstalled the whole thing and it's not a small app. Such a shame as it could be a very very good app...
Once again, SampleTank stopped making sounds. Nothing I could do fixed this, until I spent TWO HOURS downloading and reinstalling. Small, one man band developers can do better than this. Why is a comparatively expensive product so unreliable on Apple’s top of the range iPad with latest IOS?
- IK Multimedia US, LLC
- 1.6 GB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- ©2013-2018 IK Multimedia Production srl
- In-App Purchases
- All Sounds £28.99
- Miroslav Philharmonik - Mobile Edition £19.99
- Sonik Synth - Mobile Edition £19.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.