Connect with the Samsung Gear 360 app to enjoy various features.
With the Samsung Gear 360 app, you can create, view, and share 360 content on your smartphone, and enjoy various features by connecting Gear 360.
※ This app is compatible with Gear 360 (2017).
Main features :
- Connect to and disconnect from Gear 360.
- Remote shooting and preview the recording.
- View content and save files to a smartphone.
- Share the created content to social media services.
- Check Gear 360 status and settings.
- Sync Date & Time, GPS data.
Gear 360 lets you easily create, view and share your memorable experience with high quality 360 videos and photos in a simple fashion.
Support Device List : iPhone X, 8, 8+ 7, 7+, 6S, 6S+, SE.
※ Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
※ Some features provided by the Samsung Gear 360 application are only available when Samsung Gear 360 is connected to your mobile device.
※ Supported devices vary depending on your region, operator and device brand. Please check compatible smartphone list at the official Homepage.
※ Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Facebook Live broadcasting API change.
Ratings and Reviews
Suppose I should be grateful Samsung is even supporting iOS. That’s the only reason for those three stars.
That said, there’s a few things though that really could be done better with this app, for some reason no 360 photo taken at 15M resolution has ever been more than 7M when looking at photos while connected to the camera.
If you download the photo and disconnect the camera that resolution drops considerably to around 3-4M typically. If you’re trying to patch yourself out of a photo using the app (for instance before uploading to Streetview) then resolution drops to a frankly pointless 0.3M, and all patches are Samsung branded.
More annoyingly this camera isn’t actually supported by Streetview directly (as Samsung originally claimed at launch), so you can’t bypass the Samsung app to upload at a higher res.
It feels like a half-baked effort, but being a Samsung app, I can’t see it ever improving.
The app generally works ok.
However it is never able to update the cameras firmware, so the date on every image and video is wrong, and it is not able to provide live streaming functionality.
Images and video resolution aren’t great, but are ok for a relatively cheap device.
It is a shame Samsung and Apple cant provide the necessary support to utilise this camera to its full potential.
No longer compatible with iPadAir2 !
The latest version has dropped compatibility with the iPadAir2 ... and other iPads?
- Samsung Electronics
- 87.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR.
- English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Samsung Electronics Co.,Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.