Samsung Gear S
By Samsung Electronics CO.LTD.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
* Samsung Gear is not Compatible with iPad and iPod touch
The Samsung Gear S application connects Samsung Gear S2, Gear S3 and Gear Sport to your mobile device. It also manages and monitors Samsung Gear S2 / S3 / Sport features and applications installed through Gear appstore. Use the Samsung Gear S application to set up and manage the following
- Connect to and disconnect from a mobile device
- Application download and settings
- Find my Gear
Install the Samsung Gear S application on your mobile device, then pair your Samsung Gear S2, Gear S3 or Gear Sport with a Bluetooth connection and enjoy all of its features.
- Samsung Gear is not Compatible with iPad and iPod touch
* Settings and features provided by the Samsung Gear S application are only available when Samsung Gear S2, Gear S3 and Gear Sport is connected to your mobile device. Features will not work properly without a proper connection between Samsung Gear S2 / S3 / Sport and your mobile device.
* This application is only for Samsung Gear S2, Gear S3 and Gear Sport.
* Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
* If you have any questions, please contact to the web page below.
※ User Agreement
Following User Agreements are required for the app service.
Even if you don't agree the agreements you can use basic service but can't use disagree services.
[Required User Agreements]
- Bluetooth : Required for communication with Gear
- Background Refresh/fetch : Required for communication with Gear while in background
[Optional User Agreements]
- Photos : For send image feature required access permission to access the Phone photos
- Camera : Use for QR Code scan to activate gear side eSIM (Vodafone only)
- During the eSIM activation in the OOBE
- During update profile picture for Samsung health
- Contacts : Required for access phone contacts for add buddy and sync with gear contacts
- Location : Required for Determine your location from gear for weather information
- Calendar : Required permission to Sync gear Calendar
- Notification : Required for access Notification Center with useful information
- Cellular Data : Required for access service when you couldn't access WiFi network
What's New in Version 1.6.17102502
- Bug fixing
Not compatible with iPhone X
No problems with S3 and iPhone 6.
Updated to iPhone X, iOS 11.1
Downloaded latest version of Samsung gear s app. App is now very limited compared to before. No watchfaces available. Managed to link with Bluetooth but now drops connection frequently. Won’t reconnect without resetting S3 and reinstalling gear s app.
Contacted Samsung who said it was apples problem. Great !!!! Samsung should inform potential buyers that their S3 is not compatible with iPhone X. Or pull their finger out and sort out gear s app so that it works with iPhone X
Since the update, firstly it created an issue with the watch battery, draining it completely in 10 hours. To combat this I had to reset the watch and uninstall the old app and reinstall the new as if it was a new watch. This cured the battery issue but I lost all my step data and now it won’t register any step data on the app. It will register sleep, floors, heart rate and all exercise but not the steps....... Sort it out please.
Was Awful - now it’s worse!
The app was really clunky, and took forever to connect but at least eventually did.
Have updated today and it no longer works AT ALL.
Tried to connect - Bluetooth showed that it was connected but app unable to connect.
Did a reset.
‘Turn on Bluetooth’ duh it’s already on
So I go to Bluetooth and do a manual pair (which I presume it should have said in the instruction). Paired
Back to app
‘Requesting permission to turn on Bluetooth sharing’
I Click ‘go to settings’ which confirms that everything is already switched on!
So in short, if you have just bought your S3, expecting to use it with iPhone, send it back it’s nothing more than arm candy.
If you are on a working version then on no account upgrade until a new version is out (and even then wait until some good reviews are there).
I’m really, REALLY irritated with both Samsung and Apple.
Samsung because they keep producing garbage software.
Apple, because they are making it more difficult to program for iOS - the Bluetooth is horrifically hit or miss (I’ve been working with beacons, a lot of which iOS just pretends aren’t there).
I’m seriously considering dumping this piece of irritating garbage. Mostly happy, but the continual Bluetooth problems are killing me!!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 03 November 2017
- Version: 1.6.17102502
- Size: 92.5 MB
- Languages: English, Albanian, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Samsung Electronics
- © 2017 Samsung Electronics Co.,Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.