"* Galaxy Watch is not compatible with iPad and iPod touch
The Galaxy Watch application connects Gear S2, Gear S3, Gear Sport and Galaxy Watch to your mobile device. It also manages and monitors Gear S2 / Gear S3 / Gear Sport / Galaxy Watch features and applications installed through Galaxy App Store. Use the Galaxy Watch application to set up and manage the following
- Connect to and disconnect from a mobile device
- Application download and settings
- Find my Watch
Install the Galaxy Watch application on your mobile device, then pair your Gear S2, Gear S3, Gear Sport or Galaxy Watch with a Bluetooth connection and enjoy all of its features.
- Galaxy Watch is not compatible with iPad and iPod touch
* Settings and features provided by the Galaxy Watch application are only available when Gear S2, Gear S3, Gear Sport and Galaxy Watch is connected to your mobile device. Features will not work properly without a proper connection between Gear S2 / Gear S3 / Gear Sport / Galaxy Watch and your mobile device.
* This application is only for Gear S2, Gear S3, Gear Sport and Galaxy Watch.
* Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
* If you have any questions, please contact to the web page below.
※ User Agreement
Following User Agreements are required for the app service.
Even if you don't agree the agreements you can use basic service but can't use disagree services.
[Required User Agreements]
- Bluetooth: Required for communication with Watch
- Background Refresh/fetch: Required for communication with Watch while in background
[Optional User Agreements]
- Photos: For sending image feature required access permission to access the Phone photos
ㆍRequired for QR Code scan to activate gear side eSIM
ㆍDuring the eSIM activation in Galaxy Watch Setup.
ㆍDuring update profile picture for Samsung health
- Contacts: Required to access phone contacts to add buddy and sync with gear contacts
- Location: Required to Determine your location from gear for weather information
- Calendar: Permission required to Sync Watch Calendar
- Notification: Required for accessing Notification Center with useful information
- Cellular Data: Required to access service when you couldn't access Wi-Fi network
General bug fixing and improved stability
Ratings and Reviews
Great for notifications, but very limited
I came from a galaxy s8 to an iPhone XR. On the s8 notifications were fast and I loved the ability to quickly reply to a text message straight from my wrist. I was also very impressed with the ability to use satellite navigation on my wrist using the app ‘HERE we go’. Other great features included a dictionary, translator and currency converter. It felt like a fully featured smartwatch. Moving over to iOS, although notifications have been just as speedy, I am very disappointed with the lack of ability to reply to a text message or simply send one. So far I have also been unable to use any form of satellite navigation. I’m not usually one to complain, but since I paid nearly £300 for this device for the features that I mentioned above, it’s annoying that some of those great features are simply cancelled out because of lack of support, whether it be from Samsung or IOS. Rather than feeling like a smartwatch, it simply feels like an extra notification device. Please provide a solution so that it can feel great again instead of just satisfactory.
Developer Response ,
Dear user, sorry for the inconvenience. We will pass your feedback and requests to development team. Thank you!
Inaccurate battery stats
I’ve had the opportunity of using this app on both a Samsung phone and an iPhone and needless to say it works better on the Samsung device (obviously). Realistically though, while I’ve noticed some differences the core functionality of the watch and app is pretty much the same and does what I need it to do. It tracks my steps and heart rate, it gives me notifications and gives me the time.
What I really dislike about this app is the inaccurate battery usage stats it gives on the iOS version. Firstly, it gives an entirely overstated battery life per charge, it tells me I have 1 day usage remaining then dies in a few hours. Secondly, the reported usage since full charge is always wrong and way off, I charged my watch fully this morning and it tells me I have used the watch for 38 days since the last full charge.
In relation to the watch itself, battery life is terrible when used via an iPhone in comparison to a Samsung phone, where before I would get at least 2 days out of the watch it doesn’t last a day now with the same settings but that has nothing to do with the app I assume so is irrelevant to this review.
All in all the app does what it needs to, to the extent of keeping the watch functioning and tethered to your phone.
Developer Response ,
Dear AnonyHash, Thank you for providing feedback about battery status. We will pass this info to devlopment team for further improvement.
Have used this app with my iPhone without song issues. You have to accept that you don’t get 100% of everything you’d get with a Samsung phone. The battery issue wilts hooked up to iPhone us easily rectified - just turn it off! Yes you lose some functionality , but hey ho, I have experienced far worse backward comparability with Apple products. It’s annoying that Strava doesn’t really work (have tried the work arounds to no avail) however the Samsung health app more than makes up for it.
Developer Response ,
Dear user,, thanks for your feedback.
- Samsung Electronics
- 173.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Albanian, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Samsung Electronics Co.,Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.