4/5 – “San Juan is one of my favorite card games and this implementation on iOS does it justice.”
3/4 – "San Juan is an excellent card game."
4/5 – "A definite must-buy for fans of card games, or those looking for a little bit of strategy on their iPhone or iPad."
4.5/5 – "It’s well worth the price of admission.”
4.5/5 – “The card game variant of big box board game Puerto Rico outshines its big brother in many respects.”
8/10 – "Well built and easy to pick up, San Juan is an intriguing game of building and trade."
Editor Picked by Best10Apps.com
The exciting card game based on the award-winning board game Puerto Rico is finally available for iPhone and iPad. Experience the Spanish colonisation once again with San Juan.
Puerto Rico is at its prime. But can the same be said of this beautiful island’s capital city? Take on the role of the governor, builder, producer, trader or councilor and bring the city wealth and prestige. Are you smart enough to build the most profitable production facilities? Can you outdo your competitors with the most important buildings? Each building, whether a palace, poorhouse, smithy or silver smelter have their advantages. Who will finally win the battle for supremacy in San Juan?
• Digital adaptation of the card game based on Puerto Rico.
• Designed by Andreas Seyfarth.
• Stand-alone game, can be played without having played Puerto Rico.
• Interactive tutorial to make San Juan easier to play.
• Full Retina support on iPhone and iPad.
• Play with up to three other players or computer opponents on one iDevice, or play online with players from all over the world via Game Center.
• Discover new tactics and ways to become the ruler of San Juan!
• No need to assemble: simply start the game to enter the colonial world! And best of all: no need to put away the game once you have finished playing.
Small bug fixes and optimizations
Ratings and Reviews
Multiplayer not great
Great gameplay in general however it's frustrating that you have to play a multiplayer game in one sitting. If you come out of the game for a second it kicks you out. I'd like to be able to play against friends over the course of the day/week etc. Also inviting friends to play is a bit of a pain and takes ages.
Excellent, streamlined euro card game
I have never played the analogue version of San Juan or even watched a play through, tutorial is good, took me a while to work out the iconography, but now loving smooth gameplay and enjoying discovering the nuances of different card combinations. Excellent, fun, simple but deep euro card game.
Problems with update
I'm really happy with this app and enjoy playing on my phone as well as iPad. Unfortunately, after the recent update, I can now barely see the numbers on my phone. The text used to be white, and visible, and is now black, and invisible. Please revert to previous colour scheme so that I can see again.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.