Sandvox — Easy-to-use website builder lets anyone create and publish
By Karelia Software LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Want to build a website? Create one yourself in minutes with Sandvox.
You can use this flexible, powerful website builder to drag–and–drop objects to create web pages. Just add images, movies, and text to a design and publish, fast. Named to Mac App Store’s Best of 2012 at v2.7, 2.10 adds support for Karelia's new integrated Sandvox Hosting service.
Only Sandvox — winner of an Apple Design Award — features a user experience that lets you combine and spotlight your own drag-and-drop content while automatically creating a modern, feature-rich, standards-compliant website as you go. See your website come alive before your eyes! When ready, just upload your site to your favorite host directly from within Sandvox. It's that easy.
• Choose from dozens of stylish site designs, including two brand new designs, Hydrogen and Kryptonite
• Over 20 different, customizable content objects help you build the site of your dreams
• Easily add text, images, or movies
• Showcase your images with Photo Grids and lightbox-style Galleries, automatically optimized for Retina displays
• Super easy blogging, with built-in archiving
• Instantly add connections to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Google+
• Syndicate your blog or podcast and offer easy-to-grab RSS feeds
• Incorporate content from other websites such as weather and news headlines
• Show selected products from Amazon.com
• Feature YouTube videos
• Include a Contact Form for feedback
• Automatically generate a sitemap
• Comment support via Disqus, IntenseDebate and Facebook Comments
• Insert custom features with Raw HTML
“ ◼ ◼ ◼ ◼ ” — MacNN · “ ◼ ◼ ◼ ◼ ½ ” — SVMMac · “ ◼ ◼ ◼ ◼ ½ ” — Cult of Mac
EVEN MORE POWER
• iMedia Browser — Effortlessly browse your Pictures folder, iPhoto, Aperture, Lightroom, and Flickr. Grab movies from iPhoto and iTunes. Build a podcast. The iMedia Browser puts your resources at your fingertips.
• Advanced Customization — Code injection, custom CSS, built-in jQuery support and a brand new Cocoa plug-in API are available to experienced users and offer even more ways to customize your site.
• Publishing Options — Publish to built-in Sandvox Hosting, or to another provider via FTP, SFTP, WebDAV
• Search Engine Optimization — SEO-friendly site structure plus integration with Google Webmaster Tools and Google Analytics
• Site Extractor — generate a new Sandvox website using the text and images of your old site, to help you get off the ground that little bit quicker
For more information or to watch a video introduction, please visit our website!
“Those who want to quickly create template-based sites packed with features, should give Sandvox 2 a look. ◼ ◼ ◼ ◼” — Macworld UK
We're always here to help and we'd love to hear from you! If you have feedback or questions, you can reach us by email at email@example.com or visit our community forum at karelia.com/forum.
Read our FAQ at karelia.com/faq. (in English)
Familiar with iWeb? See our iWeb Transition Guide at karelia.com/iweb.
What's New in Version 2.10
Sandvox 2.10 adds support for the all-new Sandvox Hosting service: The simplest, fastest way to bring your Sandvox site to life.
• Integrated: Sandvox Hosting is seamlessly integrated with Sandvox, making it super-easy and fast to set up and manage.
• Four Great Plans: Choose the one that suits your needs — whether you plan to have one website, or many.
• 14 Day Trial: Put it to the test with a completely free, no obligation 14 day free trial.
Nowhere near as easy as iWeb!
I purchased Sandvox as my iWeb created site kept on crashing, so I decided it was time to re-create my website on a modern piece of software. I now know that I should have done some research to check it out! It is really difficult to do what you want to do in Sandvox, you can’t drag pictures around the template or size them there are loads of problems with it, especially if you’ve been using iWeb which was excellent, although it was, apparently untidy coding, but there were bits of software you could buy to optimise it such as HTML-Optimiser and iWeb SEO tool. There are no helpful bits of software with Sandbox, you’re just stuck with it! I tried to recreate the website but gave up and paid a professional to do it, so I wasted £59. There is no hope of a refund either, as they are really sure that their Sandvox is the bees knees! I’ve got some news for Karelia…………It’s rubbish!
WARNING: DO NOT BUY!
what an incomprehensible pile of rubbish! I cannot speak I am so angry that I paid for this app. absolutely awful in every way. hate it. deleted. wish i could get a refund. but it doesnt work like that. complete scam. WARNING: DO NOT BUY THIS AWFUL APP!!!!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 08 April 2015
- Version: 2.10
- Size: 39.6 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Developer: Karelia Software LLC
- © 2004-2015 Karelia Software LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later