By Santander UK plc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Santander UK personal banking customer? Do your banking wherever you are with the Personal Banking app from Santander(English language only).
Simpler to use and with more features than ever before. These include balance alerts and landscape mode. Managing your Santander accounts on the move has never been easier.
Designed solely for personal banking customers, simply log in with your existing Online Banking details and you’re away.
- check your balances and statements
- make transfers and payments
- set up alerts for when your balance exceeds or drops below a certain amount
- report lost/stolen cards
- view, amend or cancel pending payments
- find your nearest Santander branch
Splitting the bill? Whether it’s for dinner, rent or something else, pay with your account and this app will split the transaction for you so you can send it directly to your friends for their contribution.
Santander UK plc Web Site
Santander UK SupportApplication Licence Agreement
What's New in Version 2.7.2
Generally good but a couple of flaws
Ok so the app is pretty good but two things that really irritate me. Firstly there is the full authentication required to log in with two passwords when most banking apps just use a 5 or 6 digit pin. I get that dual passwords are more secure but if I wanted to have to go through full authentication I would just have used the internet log in. If it's secure enough for Barclays and other banking apps why not Santander?
The other frustration is that on my iphone you can't view the list of transactions fully. By this I mean it will display say 'Direct debit to sky digital' but the screen is only wide enough to display the 'Direct debit to' and the sky digital part is cut off and you can only view it if you click on each entry in turn. This is a fairly basic usability mistake and one I am amazed they didn't spot. Even more frustrating is you don't even see the full sentence if you view in landscape as it then very unhelpfully fills HALF the screen with your balance so you still can't see the full sentence even then!
So in summary - not bad but let down by a couple of very basic UI errors which could be easily fixed. Fingers crossed they will sort these in a future update!
Good App. Does the job. Couple of annoyances.
Overall I would say this is a good App. The two factor authentication doesn't bother me as much as I though it would. There are just a couple of things that I think could be improved upon.
1. I understand the need to identify 'Card Payments' and 'Direct Debits' but couldn't this be done in the detail rather than being the first thing on the transaction line? I would suggest moving the detail elsewhere, or simply allowing a full landscape view, rather than the right hand side showing account detail.
2. I manage two 123 Mini (In Trust) accounts, and unless I know their individual account numbers I cannot see who's is who's. Being able to see who else is assigned to the accounts would be extremely useful.
Apart from the above, this App pretty much does what you need it to, if not everything you would like it to.
Fantastic app, does all it needs to
Really love having santander online banking. I can check my account really quickly, transfer money easily and make payments. It's such a good app compared to two other banks I've tried online banking with- Halifax and the co op.
- Category: Finance
- Updated: 28 May 2014
- Version: 2.7.2
- Size: 5.1 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Santander UK plc
- © 2012 Santander UK plc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.