If someone suffers a cardiac arrest, getting an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) to them as quickly as possible can greatly improve their chance of survival. Fortunately, publicly accessible defibrillators are becoming more widely available.
The main purpose of this app is show you how to deliver cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) as quickly as possible and to help you locate the nearest publicly accessible defibrillator for your use. The app also contains graphics from the European Resuscitation Council that illustrate the basic life support (BLS) actions that should be carried out when someone has suffered a cardiac arrest.
You can watch films teaching you how to give CPR to adults, children and babies, submit the location of a defibrillator that is missing for approval and inclusion, and find questions and answers about saving a life, as well as having some useful links.
The app uses your current location and a list of known publicly accessible defibrillators to find the one nearest to you. Each defibrillator is marked on the map and, when selected, details of its location are displayed, as well as how to get there.
• The defibrillator location data is collected by the South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust. At this time, only defibrillators located within Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire and Hampshire are listed. The functionality of the app is such that it is able to display defibrillators from other areas in the UK and we will offer other ambulance trusts nationally the opportunity to populate it too.
• The distances displayed by the app are "as the crow flies" and they do not take into account the actual route you would have to take to reach a given defibrillator.
• To display the map, your device must have a good quality internet connection (WiFi or 3G/4G).
• SCAS makes every effort to ensure the quality of the information available in this app and update the information regularly. However, before relying on the information supplied by this app, users should carefully evaluate its accuracy, currency, completeness and relevance for their purposes. SCAS cannot guarantee and assume no legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, currency, completeness or interpretation of the information or the fitness for purpose of the app. Contributing parties will verify their own data.
This update is signed with Apple’s latest signing certificate. No new features are included.
Ratings and Reviews
Brilliant if you could trust information
This is an excellent idea for an app but of the 2 locations showing nearest me, one no longer exists and one is wrongly addressed (typo for ‘road’ and wrong county!) I have reported both (as the app supports) for the second time today having been informed my previous updates have been actioned and finding out they haven’t :-( If this is the situation for the 2 locations I know about, how do I trust this is not the case throughout the whole app? The locations also took forever to load on 4G. Neither great in an emergency sadly. I’m leaving feedback because I really want this app to work
App not being updated with new de-fibs?
Can South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust shed some light on when the issues with your app will be resolves. I hear that your App along with 02 are having numerous issues which are not allowing it to add new de-bid locations and is only working with the ones already added before the current issues?
I note that you say the app works with other Ambulance Services outside your area but recently reported de-fib location in the Yorkshire Ambulance service area have not been added to your app?
Can you kindly leave a message under “NOTES” on the app download in iTunes so everyone trying to add a de-fib location outside your area knows what is happening. I have emailed twice but never receive a reply.
P.S. Apart from the above the App is great and will promote it in my area but only after it is back up and working.
Brilliant app but needs support from users. Clearly Hampshire NHS have uploaded all of their locations however near me the closest is apparently 70+ miles away. I will be adding the ones I see and this relies on others users adding locations also. Could be brilliant but out of Hampshire it is sparse.
- South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- 21.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2016 South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.