The Scales App helps you master scales in an easy to use app form. Customization of which scales or chords appear is as coarse or fine grained as you need it to be through the settings menu, allowing you to mold The Scales App to your needs.
In-App purchases are also available to enable a drone and metronome, and to allow you to view information on certain scales like key signature and relative scale to further enhance your practicing.
Download the Scales App today and jumpstart your practice routine. Happy practicing!
* More scale types! Now you can practice modes, whole tone scales, and more by enabling new types in the settings screen
* Practice chords and arpeggios too! By using the "flip" icon in the top right, you can enter chords mode, with its own Settings screen to customize which chords are shown separately from scales
* Enhance your practicing with a drone and metronome! Listen to tonic of the current scale you're practicing (transposable for instruments that need it), and keep time with a built-in metronome rather than juggling multiple apps or devices. [In-App Purchase]
* Learn more about the scales you're practicing! By hitting the "i" button on the main screen, you can see the key signature and relative scale of certain scales as you practice. [In-App Purchase]
* Set a minimum for sharps and flats! Rather than disabling scales with a lower sharp and flat count individually, you can filter them out in bulk through the new settings menu
* Many more minor improvements an bug fixes have been made as well. Download now and discover them for yourself! Happy Practicing!
Ratings and Reviews
Does the job
Does exactly what you'd expect. Tap the label and a new scale appears.
Would be nice to have a 'dark mode' to stop me scorching my retinas practicing at night.
Great little app
Would be even better if it included modes and other common scale type such as blues scale etc, or enables the user to add scales to the list
Really useful and simple
Very simple but effective practicing tool.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.